We girls don’t have it easy. Don’t let the men fool you into thinking there is all the attention, reservation and chivalry for you to enjoy. I’ll happily give it all up if I could just get rid of period pain. Emotionally and physically draining, I can’t wait for my periods to get done with. But until they do, it is 4-5 days of irritation, mood swings and stomach pain during periods.
What Causes Stomach Pain During Periods?
The cramps are our body’s way of getting rid of all the prepping it did for a baby. If there was no fertilisation, the inner wall of the uterus needs to shed. The uterus does this by contracting. Since the muscles cannot do this on their own, the body releases hormones, the worst of which is ‘prostaglandins’. Prostaglandins means pain and discomfort, let’s just know and accept that.
Also, during this process, the uterus gets no blood supply, which causes the muscles to spasm even more. And that is the reason for stomach pain during periods.
5 Home Remedies To Reduce Stomach Pain During Periods:
Let’s begin talking about home remedies for stomach pain during periods with the papaya. Do not get fooled by its simplicity.
- The anti-inflammatory agent contains iron, carotene, calcium, and vitamins A and C that relieve muscle contractions.
- Gorge on papaya a few days before your periods and continue during those red letter days for pain relief.
#2 Basil (tulsi)
Basil has religious significance, but do you also know the medicinal benefits of this plant during your periods? Tulsi leaves contain analgesic properties that relieve pain, without any side-effects.
Directions To Use:
- In a cup of water add a few basil leaves.
- Let the water boil for a bit to let the goodness of the leaves seep in.
- Turn off the heat, cover the vessel and allow the water to cool.
- Sip from this every few hours to lessen your stomach cramps.
Ginger is my favourite herb, and rightly so. It is yummy and it also helps lessen stomach pain in periods.
Steps To Use:
- In a cup of water add some grated ginger.
- Boil the water for 4-5 minutes.
- Strain, add honey and squeeze some lemon juice.
- Drink a cup of this tea 2-3 times a day during your periods.
#4 Carrot juice
Stomach pain during periods can also be because of irregular periods. Include carrots in your diet to help regulate your cycle.
How To Use:
- Chomp on raw carrots before and during your periods.
- You can also have a glass or two of carrot juice daily during your periods to feel better.
The wonderful smelling kitchen ingredient is your friend during your periods.
How To Use:
- It is antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and anticlotting.
- Add ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder to a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for a bit.
- Add a spoonful of honey and sip.
- Do this 2-3 times a day a few days before your periods to prevent cramps.
Try these remedies to stop stomach cramps from interfering with life. However, if the pain is persistent or stops you in your tracks every time, consult a doctor to rule out any medical issues. And remember to use Whisper Ultra Soft, to stay dry and comfortable during your periods.
Check out women's health tips at our blog.
Read more tips to lead a healthy lifestyle here.
Get best Whisper pads offer here at Reward Me.