If there have been no major problems with your oral health in the whole year, then maybe increasing your knowledge about tooth decay causes should help you avoid it in future. You’ve always found brushing at night totally over rated because somehow you’ve gotten lucky through genetics. Obviously that won’t last for long, because brushing 2-3 times a day is very essential in order to avoid decay. Another reason could be a cavity in the tooth which again is due to lack of oral hygiene. You also need to cut down on sugary stuff, just in case you’ve been hogging on it without realising how much harm it’s causing your teeth.
Some folks also have the habit of grinding their teeth when they’re asleep. Yes, it does sound pretty weird, but it is actually a sign that the person may be under too much stress. Grinding your teeth might result in chipped enamel and weak gums. So if someone informed you about the grinding, just buy a mouth guard and sleep with it to avoid harming your teeth.
We have listed a few tooth decay home remedies which will help you cure it naturally.
5 Home Remedies for Tooth Decay
The first remedy to cure tooth decay naturally is a very handy ingredient you’ll find in your kitchen known as cloves. They not only help you numb the pain of a tooth ache, but their anti-bacterial properties helps you get rid of the decay as well.
- 3 drops of clove oil,
- ½ a tsp. of honey
- 2-3 drops of sesame oil.
How To Use:
Dab the mixture in cotton and press to the affected area for a few minutes and repeatedly. It should heal within a few days.
- Another of our special tooth decay remedies is popularly known as ‘oil pulling’
- Rinsing your teeth with sesame oil for 20 minutes is sure to help you cure that agonising tooth decay
- Make sure you don’t ingest the oil. It is also supposed to help you whiten your teeth and clean them naturally
- Brush your teeth with Oral B Pro-Health Toothbrush after this to avoid having that weird oil flavour in your mouth
3. Salt Water Rinse:
- Amongst other natural remedies for tooth decay is a plain and simple salt water rinse
- It helps fight the bacteria present in your mouth and also aids in decreasing sensitivity in your teeth
- All you have to do is warm some water and put 1 tsp. of salt in it
- Rinse your mouth with it for 10 minutes, thrice a day and your pain plus decay should subside soon. Ain’t nobody got time for pain!
4. Garlic & Salt:
Steps To Use:
- Crush a clove of garlic and mix it in a pinch of salt.
- Now apply this to your affected tooth and in no time the pain will fade away.
- Use it regularly and see how your corrupted tooth heals in no time.
5. Mustard oil and turmeric :
Mustard oil and turmeric have been used in Indian households since generations to cure every ailment there is. It is a very effective medicine for tooth decay as well.
How To Use:
- Mix ½ tsp. of turmeric powder in 1 tsp. of mustard oil and mix well, dab with a cotton and apply to your tooth for some time.
- The pain will slowly subside and you’ll be able to enjoy your favourite ice-cream tomorrow, that too without agony!
Read expert tips for oral health and dental care here.
Read more health tips to stay fit.
Avail exciting Oral B coupons here at Reward Me.