Eugenol, the main component of clove oil gives this wonderful spice that distinct smell and flavour. Clove oil is used in a variety of toothpastes and mouthwashes as well. We have listed below a list of clove oil uses, make sure you follow them with care and we promise you’ll never look for any other remedy for dental care again!5 Ways To Use Clove Oil For Healthy Teeth
1. Soothes Tooth Aches:
1) Clove oil for toothache has been suggested since ages because of its ability to numb even the most intense pains.
2) Using clove oil instead of whole cloves prevents the healthy tissues in your mouth from getting damaged as well.
3) Mix a tbsp. of clove oil with a tbsp. of coconut oil and apply to your aching tooth whenever needed.
4) You’ll still need to visit a dentist if the problem persists as the clove oil only helps numb the pain and doesn’t cure the root problem.
Also, check out 7 more home remedies for toothache here.
2. Treat Mouth Ulcers:
1)Sometimes gastric problems give rise to mouth ulcers. These can be very painful if not treated in time.
2) Mix a tsp. of clove oil with warm water and gargle with it twice a day to relieve yourself of these ulcers.
3) Clove oil contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties as well. This helps kill off any germs or infections that might have developed in your mouth due to an open wound caused by the ulcer.
3. As A Mouth Freshener:
1) The anti-bacterial properties of clove oil help you get fresh breath instantly!
2) Just dilute a couple of drops of clove oil with a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil along with ½ tsp. of stevia extracts.
3)Transfer to a spray bottle and carry in your purse for a breath of freshness before that meeting or date!
Using clove oil for teeth cavity is quite prevalent in India.
1)Just dip a cotton ball in the oil and keep on the affected area before going to sleep for a few days. Your cavity will disappear in no time.
5.Clove Oil For Gums:
1)Teething babies can be quite a handful through no fault of their own.
2)It can be very painful for them to grow new teeth, and hence clove oil can be of great help.
3)Dilute a couple of drops of clove oil in water and apply to your baby’s gums.
4)It will reduce their pain and help them sleep as well.
Clove oil is one of the best remedies for any kind of dental problems that you might be facing. But always remember that brushing your teeth twice a day with Oral B Pro-Health, as well as using a good mouthwash is essential for healthy teeth. Happy grinning!Read expert tips for oral health and dental care here.