It’s very natural for your teeth to suffer the effects of your lifestyle. But here’s the best part, it isn’t permanent and what’s more, it isn’t expensive either. Learn how to whiten teeth expertly without actually getting a professional to do it with these 3 home remedies:
Vitamin C helps whiten teeth and you can find plenty of it in strawberries. Whiten your teeth using strawberries in these 2 ways:
1) This is a very straightforward method. All you have to do is make a paste by grinding a few strawberries. Now, rub this paste gently on your teeth. Doing this twice a week, daily should make your teeth whiter and more beautiful.
2) Alternatively, you can mix one and a half teaspoon of baking soda with the pulp of one strawberry. Spread this mixture over your teeth and give it a couple of minutes. Now get rid of any traces of the mixture by rinsing your mouth and brushing your teeth with regular toothpaste.
2. Baking Soda
This is one of the world’s most popular ways for dental care at home without emptying your purse. It effectively removes plaque and truly whitens your teeth. The few ways in which you can use it are:
1) Mix a quarter teaspoon of baking soda in a small portion of your normal toothpaste. Now, after brushing your teeth with this mixture use warm water to rinse your mouth. Doing this twice a week can do wonders to eliminate the yellow tinge of teeth.
2) Alternatively, mix some lemon juice with baking soda and give your teeth a gentle brushing with the mixture. Once again, don’t forget to rinse your mouth with warm water.
3) Some people prefer mouthwashes and you can make a whitening mouthwash at home. It’s really simple; just mix one and a half teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide with one tablespoon of baking soda and some cold water, one cup worth. For best results, rinse with this mouthwash 2-3 times a day.
Yes, salt can be used for much more than ‘to taste’. It is a pivotal ingredient in whitening toothpastes and for decades, has been used in several dental applications. It enhances the mineral content in your teeth, thereby whitening them. There are 3 ways in which you can use common salt to achieve far from common results:
1) Use it instead of your toothpaste when you’re brushing your teeth every morning. As a tooth powder, of course.
2) Mix it with charcoal and use as toothpaste every day.
3) Mix salt with baking soda and with your finger, gently apply it on your teeth.
Read more health tips to stay fit.