After that the initial excitement has worn off, it is time to take stock. The dress, the hairstyle, the makeup, the venue and the guest list is important, but the number one priority should be getting fit and toned. Those pictures of gorgeous brides don’t come easy; you need to work on it and sweat it out to get the bridal weight loss that you desire.
Identify your problem areas: tummy, thighs and hips? Upper arms? The chin? What makes you most conscious? We’ve put together a weight-loss plan for you that will show you how to lose weight before wedding, and get you ready and dazzling for your wedding. A bride that no one will be able to take their eyes off.
If you’re reading this to know how to lose weight in a week, you’ve left it too close. The best time to start is about 6-8 weeks before the big day. Anything earlier and you could slip as you come closer to the wedding date. Anything later and you won’t have enough time to run around for your wedding preparation.
Our Top 3 Tips For Pre-Wedding Weight Loss
#1 Your Posture - Tricks For A Slimmer Bride!
- Begin with examining your posture. The grace and poise of the bride comes from her posture. If you don’t have a good body position, learn to hold yourself better. You will look taller, slimmer and more graceful.
- Sit with your legs crossed on straight out. Balance a book or small cushion on your head. Sit straight and tall. Now do the same standing up. Once you’re confident about standing without dropping the book, try walking.
- Do this daily for 10-15 minutes and soon you will sit, stand and walk tall.
#2 Your Exercise - Healthy Way To Reduce Weight Before Wedding
Do you want to know how to lose weight in 1 month? Then this 14 minutes interval training is what you need. Do 2 minutes each of:
- Walking/jogging on stairs
- Press-ups and dips with a sturdy chair (alternate them)
- Jumping jacks, kneelifts, jogging on the spot (10 of each)
- Planks and sit-ups (30 seconds of planks and 12 sit-ups. Repeat.)
- Rest for 30 seconds to a minute between each exercise.
In the first and second week, do two 14-minute sessions, gradually shortening the rest period.
In the third and fourth week, do two double sessions, gradually shortening the rest period.
In the fifth and sixth week, do three triple sessions, gradually shortening the rest period.
Make sure you warm up before you begin.
Alternatively, if you’re an outdoor person, you could power walk your way to a thinner you.
Power your walk to a speed that is almost a jog. Put your heel down first and let your foot roll to the toe. Swing your arms and walk purposefully.
- Walk for 20 minutes two days a week for the first 2 weeks.
- Increase that to 30 minutes two days a week for week 3 and 4.
- In the last 2 weeks, increase it to 40 minutes.
#3 Your Pre Wedding Diet Plan - Lose Weight Quickly Before Your Wedding
The exercise plan won’t work on its own. You need to eat right too. It has never been more vital than in the last few weeks before your wedding.
- Eat smaller but more meals.
- Increase your intake of fruits and vegetable
- Reduce the consumption of sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Eliminate red meat from your diet. Swap that with protein portions of chicken, fish or tofu.
- Reduce or stop alcohol and caffeine for 2/3 weeks before the wedding
- Swap those sugary drinks for water. 5-6 glasses a day will get you looking fresh and radiant in no time.