Chocolate Cherry Puddings
Cute little puds that look like Christmas pudding, but taste so much better! Except for a bit of microwave melting, these professional-looking desserts require no baking and very little effort. Ideal for busy moms who love to treat their kids.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
1. 1 packet shortbread biscuits
2. 150g chocolate, broken
3. 1 x 375ml tin condensed milk
4. 30ml golden syrup
5. 50g marshmallows
6. 12 maraschino cherries
7. Small handful golden sultanas
Directions to Make Chocolate Cherry Pudding
- Line 4 moulds with cling film, making sure that it covers right to the bottom. Lightly grease each with spray and cook.
- Crush the shortbread biscuits using a rolling pin. In a large mixing bowl, melt 100g of the chocolate, half the tin of condensed milk, the syrup and marshmallows together. Stir well and return to the microwave if all the chocolate hasn’t melted.
- Add the cherries and sultanas and mix again.
- Spoon into the prepared moulds and allow to set at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, melt the rest of the chocolate with 30ml of the condensed milk.
- Turn out the moulds onto a serving plate, top with the chocolate sauce and garnish with a cherry.
Also, check out this traditional rich fruit cake recipe for Christmas Dinner.