Easy To Make Berry Trifle Recipe
Learn how to make a gourmet berry trifle with this easy dessert recipe that will leave your company smiling!
Steps To Make Berry Trifle
- Combine berries, water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to simmer and cook about until berries begin to break down and release juices, about 3 minutes.
- Remove berries from the heat and let cool to thicken.
- In a clean bowl, stir instant lemon pudding and cold water together until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream topping.
- Set aside half of each variety of berries into large bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and reserve.
- To assemble trifle, spoon a layer of the lemon custard into individual glass serving cups. Add a layer of angel food cake, breaking slices into chunks. Soak cake with a layer of the berry juice mixture, top with reserved fresh berries and serve.