How To Turn A Weekend Into A Mini Vacation
Make the most of bank holiday weekends or just a couple of days off work to do something different and really relax
• Define your ‘holiday’ – e.g. 7pm Friday until 7am Monday morning.
• Shift your schedule around to reduce tasks: get groceries online and delivered before 7pm Friday, and do laundry washes in evenings during the following week.
• Research quick dinner ideas to save kitchen time.
Put fun into your routine
• If you can’t avoid having to take a son or daughter to a Saturday morning match or sports club, make it a social event rather than a chore – take the whole family and support from the sidelines with a flask of hot chocolate. Learn ho wto make your family embrace sports here.
• Make meals an event by taking time to prepare everyone’s favourite dishes, or getting the kids into the kitchen.
• Switch bedrooms – this is a simple and fun way to add a twist to your weekend. If swapping rooms isn’t practical, make ‘tents’ out of sheets and sleep on the floor like indoor campers.
Pamper yourself with some me time
• Find out what everyone’s idea of a relaxing treat is, then turn this list into your timetable for chilling out.
• Give children the chance to do something different: at bathtime let little kids have double the usual bubbles or play with bath crayons, or invite your 10-year-old son out for a jog with you.
• Prepare easy foods you can keep on standby, mix up some fruity drinks then tell the neighbours you’re ‘at home’.
• Have games, music and films to hand then just invite friends and family to drop in anytime throughout the weekend. The ideal way to make time for chatting and laughing.
Pass it on – family fun day ideas
A change is as good as a rest! Try some of the ways mentioned at Reward Me to spend quality time together.
Find interesting fun activities that you can do with your family here at our blog.
Read interesting ways to spend time with your family and improve your family life here.