Sport Bohemian Style With Panache With The Help of These 13 Tips
While the bohemian style may look like it’s just been haphazardly put together, that is far from true.
Essential Tips to Carry Off That Boho Chic Look
The phrase Boho Chic was popularized in 2002 by Laura Demasi, an Australian journalist who coined the term to qualify the eclectic gypsy look that was all the rage at the time. Getting the boho style right takes some careful preparation
Here are a few tips to help you rock the look:
- From cotton and chiffon to silk, linen, leather and suede, choose natural fabrics for this look.
- This look favours earthy colour tones so opt for beige, white, dark green and brown.
- Opt for lace and crocheted tops, dresses, bags and hats.
- Patterns are an intrinsic part of this look so you should wear ethnic, checked or floral prints.
- This style is all about comfort so make sure you wear flowing, loose-fitting and soft clothes in layers, if possible.
- Alternatively you can pair something that is skin-tight with something that is flowing. e.g. a pair of tight-fit jeans with a chambray fabric top and a large, knitted sweater.
- The shoes you wear can make or break this look. So, make sure you wear suede or leather cowboy boots in natural shades such as brown, tan and beige.
- If you’re wearing bright colours ensure that those hues are actually found in nature too. This look is all about earthiness.
- Accessorize! You’ll want to sport dangling earrings, bracelets, long necklaces, hats, vintage sunglasses and headbands, not necessarily all at once.
- Apply a highlighter to your upper cheekbones to make them glow. Also, don’t forget to give a base coat of a BB Cream like Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer by Olay! This will conceal all the spots and give a better effect of your highlighter.
- Give your cheeks a good application of blush. Women with darker skin should opt for a bronzer instead.
- Apply mascara in shades that give more prominence to your eyes.
- Complete the look with a loose wavy of braided hairstyle.
Now, that you know how to put together the Boho Chic look, what are you waiting for? Let the world see and marvel at your inner bohemian.
Want to also try out a saree this season? Check out these 5 amazing ways to drape a saree here at Reward Me.
Read the latest fashion tips at our blog.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.