10 Tips To Prevent & Cure Prickly Heat This Summer
Summer is always associated with fun but it can be a hellish season if you suffer from prickly heat.
A hot and humid country like India increases how much you sweat and that, in turn, blocks your sebaceous glands. Owing to the blockages the glands eventually burst and this is the primary cause of prickly heat. It can also be caused by less-than-developed sweat glands as well as bacterial infections. From your groin, armpits and abdomen to your neck, back, hands and feet, prickly heat can appear anywhere on your body.
How To Prevent Prickly Heat?
- Wear only clothes made of cotton. This will allow your skin to breathe, which in turn means lesser sweating.
- Wearing protective head gear and embrace the shade as far as possible. This will help prevent prickly heat.
- Make sure you wash your hands regularly because you never know where bacterial infections are lurking waiting to prey on you.
- To avoid excessive sweat build-up you must bathe regularly. However, use gentle skin care products by a brand like Olay to avoid any skin irritation.
How To Cure Prickly Heat?
- Avoid scratching at all costs.
- Take antihistamines when you notice a heat rash has started to develop. This is a good prickly heat treatment.
- Keep the infected area well-ventilated.
- Avoid warm water showers; opt instead for cold water.
Simple Home Remedies for Prickly Heat
The potent anti-inflammatory properties of Oatmeal work wonders on heat rashes.
- In a bathtub filled with cool water mix a cup of oatmeal powder.
- Stir until you notice the water turning milky.
- Now, just read a good book while you relax in the bathtub for half an hour.
- Be sure to use a gentle towel when you dry your skin.
#2 Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood helps cool down your body temperature which, in turn, aids fast recovery.
- Make a paste by mixing equal quantities of rose water and sandalwood powder.
- Now, apply the paste that is formed on the parts that have been affected.
- Let the paste sit until it dries.
- Wash it off with water that is cold.
Get useful beauty tips here.