Learn How To Use Epilator For Face & Body In Just 5 Steps
It’s easy to use an epilator for hair removal once you know how.
Whether you’re using a facial epilator or using it for your legs and hands, it’s essential you know how to use it correctly if you don’t want to do more damage than good.
Preparations Required Before Epilation
- First things first; pick the right device for your skin. There are plenty of simple and reliable models for every budget. You can also opt for a model with built-in accessories like a sensitive area cap, an efficiency cap and a facial cap. Then there are dry and wet epilators too; take your pick basis your need.
- It is essential that you exfoliate your skin before you use an epilator on it; this will keep ingrown hairs at bay.
How To Use Epilator
- Hold the device at 90 degrees to your skin.
- Avoid pressing it against your skin; hold the epilator loosely so that it doesn’t painfully yank hair out.
- It is essential that you hold the skin that you’re using the device on taut. This minimizes pain.
- When working your underarms, stretch your arms, over your head, as far as you can to avoid pinching your skin.
- Move the epilator gently in the direction opposite to the direction of hair growth. This ensures that your hairs are removed from the root.
Things to keep in mind
- It takes time so be patient.
- If it hurts use a numbing cream.
- The best time to epilate is at night. Use a nourishing moisturizer like Olay Moisturizing Lotion after the process.
- It is critical that you thoroughly clean your epilator’s tweezer head with the help of a cleaning brush.
How To Epilate Your Face
- It is important that you epilate your face only when the hair on it is at least a quarter of an inch in length.
- Make sure your face is clean, dry and product-free.
- Use the epilator on medium speed.
- Hold the epilator gently against your face and glide it over your face in the direction opposite to the direction of hair growth.
- Once done moisturize.
Also, check out the pros and cons of waxing facial hair here at our blog.