10 Must Try Facials & Natural Moisturizers For Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin requires sensitive skin care. By following a few dos and don’ts, you can get your skin looking fabulous and avoid harming it.
There are many types of skin – oily, combination, acne-prone, dry and ageing. The best way to keep your skin looking its best is to follow a skincare routine and use skincare products that suit your skin type. Apart from these skin types, there is another type that can be classified as sensitive. Your skin can be considered as sensitive based on how it reacts to certain products, weather conditions, food, fragrance and other factors.
Why use sunscreen?
- Regardless of your skin type, it is important that you use sunscreen when you are going out in the sun, even when there is cloud cover and even if you are going to stay inside an office.
- Remember, that sun rays can penetrate glass.
- You will need to make sure that you use sunscreen formulated for sensitive skin.
For Sensitive Skin
- Sensitive skin can get easily irritated when you exfoliate or cleanse
- It is important that you use a gentle cleanser and scrub, and not to overdo it
- You may have to try out a few products – whether it is a moisturizer, scrub, or a foundation – before you find the right one
- Pay attention to the ingredients – harsh chemicals and paraben preservatives are a strict no-no, and go for fragrance-free products without artificial coloring
How To Test Your Products
- A good way to test products is to follow the patch test
- You can apply a new skin product on the back of your ears or the inside of your arms/wrists, and see how your skin responds in a day or a week
- If there is no reaction, you can go ahead and use it
- You can get a facial for sensitive skin but first talk to an experienced beautician and explain that your skin is sensitive
How To Simplify Your Skin Care Routine
- Many people do away with skin care and products altogether because of sensitive skin. But this is not a wise move
- You may have to simplify your routine and use mild products like Olay Moisturizing Lotion Sensitive Skin, but your skin definitely needs its daily dose of cleansing, moisturizing and sun protection
- The same rule applies to cosmetics. You may have to be choosy but you don’t have to do away with cosmetics altogether
- Eating healthy food and getting regular exercise is as beneficial to sensitive skin as it is to other skin types
- You may also have to cut down on smoking and drinking, get enough sleep, drink lots of water, and keep stress to a minimum if you have sensitive skin as all these can aggravate your skin condition
DIY Products To Use For Sensitive Skin
- Cleanser for Sensitive Skin – Raw milk that is chilled can be dipped in cotton and used to cleanse your skin. You can then wash it off with warm water.
- Toners for Sensitive Skin – Avoid alcohol-based toners. Chilled rose water applied with cotton can work as a mild toner.
- Natural Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin – You can apply virgin coconut oil on your skin at night and wash it off in the morning for smoother and softer skin.
- Face Pack for Sensitive Skin – A face pack to moisturize, exfoliate and remove tan is yoghurt and oatmeal. It works gently on your skin to get rid of dead cells. Do make sure that you cleanse your skin thoroughly. If the face mask is not completely wiped off, particles may clog your pores and cause irritation.
By following a few simple tips and choosing the right products, you can keep sensitive skin looking good.
You could also try using sandalwood (chandan) face packs for better skin health.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.