5 Secret Winter Face Packs Hiding in Your Kitchen
Delightful winter is here, bringing with it a lovely respite from the hot summer sun. Oh, but the cold weather and harsh winds that blow? Your skin shudders at the idea of the onslaught it will face now.
Winter has arrived and what a joy it is to walk about in the warm sun and enjoy the outdoors that had to be shunned all summer.
The one thing that doesn’t enjoy this weather so much is your skin, especially the face. Winters tend to dry it out and make it feel stretchy. Hope you’re notmaking the mistake of sticking to the same skin care regime in winter as you did in summer?
Before you read any further, first ditch your summer moisturisers and creams,and line up your dressing table with winter skincare products.But then again, those work just externally. And the results last mere hours. What you need is deep nourishing, something that will hydrate your skin and help it retain the moisture from within, safe from the ravages of the winter dry air.
Winter face packs to the rescue.No, no, we’re notsuggesting a parlour visit every week. Rather, we’re talking about homemade face packs. With some simple everyday ingredients from your kitchen, you can rustle up amazing face packs for glowing skin.
Top 5 Face Packs for Winter
#1 Milk Cream and Honey
The yummilicious combination of milk cream (malai) and honey is a wonderful skin moisturiser.
- Mix one spoon each of milk cream and honey
- Apply the mixture all over your face and neck.
- After 15 minutes rinse it off with warm water and freshen your skin with a splash of cold water.
#2 Almond Oil and Milk
- Apply a blend of a spoon of almond oil and two spoons of raw milk on your face and neck.
- Wash off with warm water and then with cold water to reveal glowing, hydrated skin.
#3 Rosewater and Strawberry
Winter markets are filled with luscious strawberries whose vitamin C and omega-3 fatty acids are immensely good for your skin.
- Apply the mix of two spoons of mashed strawberry and a spoon of rose water on your face.
- Wash off after 20 minutes and give yourself a lovely complexion.
You will learn that this face pack gives your skin an amazing glow. You can even try out Multani Mitti with rose water to get glowing skin. Learn how to get glowing, radiant skin with the help of multani mitti here.
#4 Cocoa Butter and Olive Oil
- Nourish your skin with the deep moisturising blend of a spoonful each of cocoa butter and olive oil,mixed with just a pinch of ginger paste.
- Apply this blend over your face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off completely to greet glowing, soft skin.
- Avoid cocoa butter if your skin is acne-prone.
#5 Banana and Milk Powder/Rose Water
The homely banana is a splendid winter moisturiser.
- Mix a spoon of mashed banana with milk powder.
- Use rose water if you have oily skin.
- Add a few drops of honey.
- Leave the mask for 20 minutes before rinsing off.
Use these face packs twice a week and show-off lovely skin all winter through. Even though all these face packs use natural ingredients, do a small patch test before you apply anything on your face.
Learn expert beauty tips here.