5 Homemade Facial Cleansers Made of Natural Ingredients for Clear Skin
Cleansing is the first step to good skin. Natural face cleansers are a harmless and healthy way to keep skin clean.
Any beautician or dermatologist will tell you that cleansing is a must, whether you follow a skincare regime or not. This is because a lot of dirt, impurities and sebum tend to settle on your skin and if they are not cleaned up, they clog the pores that can lead to bad skin. This is why cleansing must be a part of your daily routine even if you don’t want to slave over your skin and even if you have healthy skin. Cleansing also keeps your skin hydrated and maintains its pH balance.
When to Cleanse
Ideally, you should cleanse your face as soon as you get up, when you come back indoors after being out in the dust, before you go to bed, and when you need to remove makeup. Those of you with oily and acne-prone skin may need to wash your face more often with specially formulated cleansers, while those with dry skin need to avoid washing too often.
5 Homemade Facial Cleansers
#1 Coconut Oil – Virgin coconut oil is a hot favourite among models and is used as a natural cleanser. Cleansing your skin with coconut oil leads to smoother and supple skin, and it gets rid of the greasiness.
- Begin by wiping off the makeup with cotton wool and/or a Q-tip dipped in some coconut oil.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry.
- With clean hands, massage coconut oil onto your face and neck using upward strokes.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and wipe clean with cotton wool and wash with water.
#2 Yoghurt – Yoghurt is often used in beauty recipes because it contains lactic acid and proteins. It is also gentle on your skin.
- After removing makeup and washing your skin, apply yoghurt on your skin and keep it on till it dries.
- Wash it off with cool water.
- This also works well if you add a few drops of lemon juice into it.
#3 Olive Oil – Another oil that is a favourite in skin care is olive oil, which is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants.
- It needs to be massaged on to the skin, using upward strokes, and then wiped clean with cotton wool.
- Wash your face with cool water and pat dry.
#4 Milk – Raw and chilled milk can be refreshing and effective as a face cleanser. Like yoghurt, milk contains lactic acid. You may want to avoid it if you have oily skin as milk can increase the oiliness. On the other hand, if you have extremely dry skin, include the milk cream.
- To cleanse with milk, dip cotton wool in raw milk and wipe your face and neck.
- You can then wash it off with warm or cool water.
#5 Gram Flour – Also known as besan, gram flour works as a natural skin cleanser and a gentle scrub.
- You can mix it with water, curd or milk, depending on your skin type to make a small amount of paste.
- Apply the cleanser/scrub on damp skin, leave it on for a few minutes and wash off.
By following a regular cleansing routine, your skin will remain looking younger, clearer and healthier. But if you don’t want to use natural cleansers, you can always use Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash with Aloe!
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.