Try These 5 Amazing Besan Face Packs to Get Healthy, Glowing Skin
Besan, which is gram flour for skin, is a popular beauty remedy used in homes across India. It is used for hair and skin care, with glowing results.
You may have at one time or the other tried besan for skin, to put the glow back, to remove tan and pigmentation, or to get smooth and supple skin. What makes besan a hot favourite is its ability to cleanse skin while maintaining the skin’s pH balance. Other besan benefits are that it is antimicrobial and keeps skin moisturised.
Besan is inexpensive and easily available; you can purchase it at stores or make the flour at home. The effects of besan depend on the ingredients that are used with it and your skin type. You could make a paste with just water, or could try a homemade besan face pack for gorgeous skin.
5 Essential Besan Face Packs for All Skin Problems
#1 Glow Pack for Glowing Skin
- To put the glow back in your face, mix around two tablespoons of besan, a few drops of lemon juice, and around one tablespoon of milk cream.
- The consistency of the mixture should be smooth.
- After cleaning and drying your skin using a cleanser or rose water, apply this mixture evenly all over your face and neck. Don’t forget your ear lobes.
- Keep it on for 15-30 minutes and once it is dry, wash it off with cold or lukewarm water.
- Pat your skin dry and watch your skin glow!
#2 Besan De-Tan Pack
- A combination of besan, papaya and orange juice is great to even out skin and remove tan.
- You can begin by mashing papaya pulp without the skin of the fruit.
- Add around two tablespoons of orange juice and around one tablespoon of besan. The mixture should not be too thick or too runny.
- Apply this mixture on your face and neck, and wash off after 30 minutes. T
- he results are instant. Regular use of this pack will keep your skin smooth and supple, and will even out the skin tone.
#3 Toning Face Pack Using Besan
- For toned skin, all you need to do is make a paste with besan and rosewater; the latter is known to be a good skin toner.
- Leave the pack on until it dries and then wash it off with cool water.
- Rub your skin in gentle, circular motions while washing.
- Pat dry and finish by rubbing ice cubes on your face.
- Your skin will feel refreshed, and regular use of this pack will reveal toned and glowing skin.
- If you have dry skin, you can add honey to the mixture. Honey softens your skin and bleaches it.
#4 Skin Nourishing Besan Face Pack
- This pack packs in the goodness of milk and almonds along with besan and lemon juice.
- Powder a few almonds, around five to six should be enough.
- Add this to the besan, and pour in a little milk and some lemon juice to make a mixture that is not too watery or too thick.
- Apply the paste and allow it to dry, and wash it off with cool water.
- This pack cleans, lightens and moisturizes your skin.
#5 Hair Removal Pack
- Besan is often used to make a pack that is used to remove fine facial hair.
- You can mix besan with egg white, sugar and corn starch.
- Start by cleansing your face and drying it.
- You can then apply this pack and rub it into skin with gentle, circular motions.
- Then, apply a layer of the mask on your skin and allow it to dry out completely.
- Wash it off with cold water and pat your skin dry.
- This needs to be done regularly to see results.
You can try these packs out, maybe one pack a month, once a week, and stick to the face pack that gives you the best results and that is most suitable for your skin. And don’t forget to take care of your skin every day with sunscreen and moisturisers like Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-Ageing Day Cream with SPF 15.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.