3 Ways to Use Baking Soda for Clear Skin & Face
If you’re looking for a versatile and easily procured ingredient that can help clear your skin, look no further than baking soda. With its multitude of properties, you can have your cake, and eat it too (literally, because you don’t have to worry about acne!)
From clearing acne to lightening your skin, baking soda can do it all. This is mainly because it’s chock-a-blocked with antiseptic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties that can combat both, skin and certain oral problems, easily. If you’re planning to make your own skin care products, here are some easy home remedies that employ baking soda for clear skin.
3 Home Remedies Using Baking Soda To Get Clear Skin
1. Invent your own face wash
Ditch your regular face wash for this paste that’s guaranteed to reduce acne.
- Grab two teaspoons of baking soda and add it to warm water.
- Keep mixing it around until you have a thick paste without any lumps.
- Wet your face and rub the paste onto it in a circular motion.
- Make sure you’re super gentle and that you pat your skin dry instead of rubbing it with a towel.
2. Create an effective exfoliator
Exfoliating your skin is extremely important as it helps get rid of dry, dead skin cells and impurities that are embedded right under the top layer of your skin. It also helps reducing blackheads.
Using baking soda for face exfoliation is an effective technique to get clearer skin.
- Add a few teaspoons of baking soda, warm water, and oats to a bowl to create a grainy mixture.
- Once you are satisfied with the consistency, you can apply it to your face (after wetting it slightly) and rub it in a circular motion.
- Do this for at least 5 minutes before rinsing it off.
- This will help smoothen your skin.
3. Make a soothing face mask
Nothing calms your skin and your mind down as well as a lovely baking soda face mask. When used as a mask, it activates all its skin care properties, including getting rid of light rashes, lightening your skin slightly, and clearing acne. This is why it is one of the most popular home remedies for clear skin.
In order to make this mask,
- Mix a few teaspoons of baking soda in a bowl with lukewarm water, and a few drops of lemon and honey.
- The lemon acts as a natural astringent while the honey helps moisturize your skin and make it look healthier.
- Once the consistency is that of a thick paste, apply it on your face and let it slowly dry.
- You can do this twice a week.
Thus, as you can see, using baking soda for skin that’s clearer and healthier is a great idea. Whether you just want to wash your face, exfoliate your skin or indulge in a relaxing face mask, this ingredient is versatile enough to give you all options.
Pro-Tip: Along with this amazing baking soda remedy for clear skin, it is essential that you use a good foaming cleanser to wash your face, as foaming cleansers are mild when compared to soaps! Olay Total Effects 7 in One Foaming Cleanser is a good face wash which also fights the 7 signs of ageing.
Also, learn how you can use baking soda to get rid of blackheads here at Reward Me.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.