Come summer, and my refrigerator is never lacking cucumbers. I can munch on them all day long. Cold, refreshing slices or long slivers with salt and chilli powder. Absolutely divine.
And then I discovered that this simple vegetable is also loaded with goodness for my skin and hair; I was ecstatic. I now want to share the secret with you as well.
10 Refreshing Ways To Use Cucumber Juice For Skin & Hair:
#1 Reverse the effect of tan
You can use cucumber juice for skin darkened by the sun. It works like an astringent and also lightens skin.
- Squeeze the juice from a freshly grated cucumber.
- Apply the juice to your face and hands.
- Wash off after 15-20 minutes.
#2 Revitalise skin
Cucumber refreshes and revitalises skin.
- Make a puree of 2 ¼-inch slices of cucumber.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of yogurt, aloe vera gel and honey, and ½ teaspoon lemon juice.
- Slather a thin layer to your damp face.
- After 5 minutes, add another layer over it.
- Do this until the paste is all used up.
- Let it dry naturally and rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Splash cold water to close your pores.
#3 Soothe sunburns
If your skin is delicate, like mine, you must be suffering from sunburnt skin. Cucumber can help get quick relief.
- Apply cold slices or cold pureed cucumber to the affected area.
- Keep it for as long as you want.
#4 Treat heat bumps
Another one in the list of wonderful cucumber juice benefits is that it can tighten pores and treat heat bumps.
- Blend a cucumber to get its juice.
- Add some apple cider vinegar to the mix (optional)
- Slather it on the affected area.
- You can also add tomato pulp and aloe gel.
#5 Bye bye dark circles
Working too hard? Or partying too late? Never mind why, but cucumber slices can come to your aid and help you get rid of those racoon eyes quickly.
- Place cold slices of cucumber on your eyes.
- Put your feet up and relax.
- You can also use cotton balls soaked in fresh cucumber juice.
Also, check out how to get rid of dark circles with 5 simple home remedies here at our blog.
#6 Treats blemishes
Freckles are cute, but blemishes aren’t. Use cucumber juice for face that is dotted with acne marks and blemishes.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of oats in cucumber juice for an hour.
- Apply the mushy oatmeal to your face.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water in 20 minutes.
I also use Olay Total Effects 7 in One Day Cream with Touch of Foundation to even out my skin tone and hide my blemishes away in case of any emergencies.
#7 No more puffy eyes
Swollen and puffy eyes can be treated with cucumber slices.
- Place two slices of cold cucumber on your eyes and relax.
- Get up when you want to.
#8 Fights cellulite
Cucumber fights cellulite from inside and outside.
- Make a thick paste using cucumber juice, ground coffee and 1 tablespoon raw honey.
- Apply this to the cellulite affected area and wrap in a muslin cloth.
- After 30 minutes exfoliate gently and then wash off.
9. Reduce hair fall
You can drink a glass daily, or apply cucumber juice for hair fall.
- Grate a cucumber and squeeze out the juice.
- Massage it into your hair.
- Wash it off after one hour with a nourishing shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean Shampoo and Conditioner.
10. For shiny hair
The same treatment can also give you soft and shiny hair.
It’s amazing how something as simple as a cucumber can give you so much? Try these treatments and let us know how good your skin and hair feel now.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.