From preventing and healing acne scars, treating uneven skin tone and being the go-to ingredient for that instant glow, turmeric pretty much does it all. But there’s no such thing as one turmeric face pack for all skin types so you’re going to have to mix and match a bit to get the one that’s just right for you.
So, you have dry skin woes but don’t want to miss out on the benefits of turmeric? Fret not. Say hello to our special homemade turmeric face pack:
Turmeric Face Packs for Common Skin Problems
#1 Turmeric Face Pack for Glowing Skin
- You’re going to need the following ingredients:
- Table spoon of yoghurt
- A teaspoon of turmeric
- A teaspoon of sandalwood
- Two teaspoons of gram flour
- And if you’re feeling indulgent, a spoon of almond (rich in Vitamin E) or olive oil.
- Now make a paste. It should feel semi-solid and loaded and creamy to intensively moisturize your dry skin even while the turmeric works its magic.
- Put it on and leave it on your face for twenty minutes or wait till it dries before you wash it off with a gentle facial cleanser like Olay White Radiance Brightening Foaming Cleanser.
- Tada! Hello glowing, naturally moisturized skin!
#2 Turmeric Face Pack for Acne
Now what if chronic acne is your concern? Well, for starters, you should see a dermatologist just to rule out any serious underlying issues. After which, you may begin by steering clear of fried foods (at least till your skin is less angry), make sure you’re drinking lots of water, washing your face with a good soap-free face wash at least twice a day, and then of course, there is a homemade turmeric face pack just for you.
- If you have chronic acne, chances are, you have excessively oily skin. Or maybe an oily T-zone.
- In rare cases, the skin may appear dry on the surface even leading to cracks, while the acne just keeps on coming.
- So once you’ve done a basic assessment of the skin, use the turmeric face pack for dry skin or go for this alternate version for oily or acne prone skin:
- Take a couple of spoons of turmeric powder, add a few drops of lemon juice or rosewater, if that’s your preference.
- Make a paste and apply it on face.
- Once dry, wash it off with cold water.
- If you feel like you’re going to need even more help than that with the oily skin, add a teaspoon of multani mitti (fuller’s earth) to have all that excess oil absorbed in an instant, leaving your face soft, smooth and dazzling.
#3 Haldi Face Pack For Dry Skin
You i’ll need
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon of almond powder
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Combine all the ingredients to make a thick paste. If in case, the paste becomes too thick, you can add some milk to it. Before applying the paste, make sure you clean you face properly. Apply the mixture evenly on entire and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and don’t forget to moisturize your skin.
- You can apply this face pack 1-2 times a week
#4 Turmeric Face pack To Solve Oily Skin Problems
- 3 teaspoon of yogurt
- 2 teaspoon of multani mitti
- Rose water
- Turmeric powder
- Sandalwood powder
- Mix yogurt. Multani mitti, rose water and pinch of turmeric to form a smooth paste. Sandalwood powder is optional.
- Apply this paste on your face evenly. Rinse it after 15 minutes with cool water. You can use this pack once a week.
#5 Turmeric (Haldi) Face pack To Get Rid Of Dull Skin
- ½ teaspoon of haldi powder
- 3-4 drops of honey
- 2 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Mix turmeric and cornstarch to make a fine paste. Then add honey to it.
- If you have extremely dry skin, you can add few drops of oil to the paste.
- Apply this mask on face and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Soak cloth in warm water and use it to remove the mask. You can use this pack once a week to get rid of dry skin problems.
That’s basically it. The rest is about your personal preference. With turmeric being the main ingredient, it’s safe to experiment with a variety of add-on ingredients based on your unique skin needs. Always add yoghurt or oil for moisture and fuller’s earth and rose water to absorb excess oil and you’re sorted.
These homemade face packs are safe to use twice a week apart from your daily skin care routine.
Have fun mixing and matching and turmeric-ing!
Also, check out 3 instant fairness face pack recipes for glowing skin here.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.