Coconut milk is not just for curry and for Sri Lankan dishes. You can also use coconut milk for skin. Just consider all the coconut milk benefits to know why it is considered as great skin food. Benefits of coconut milk for skin include anti-inflammation and moisturising but it does not stop there. This is because coconut milk contains vitamins C, E and B6, iron, and magnesium that are known to be good for the skin. It is also nourishing and has antibacterial properties that are useful if you are battling skin problems.
If you are eager to try out coconut milk for face, then start with these beauty recipes.
How To Make Coconut Milk:
- Start by heating the water and before it starts boiling, pour it into the blender over the shredded coconut.
- Blend for two minutes and strain the mix.
- And there you have your coconut milk.
You can use the coconut milk in multiple ways.
How To Use Coconut Milk As A Cleanser:
- Mix olive oil with coconut milk in a 2:1 ratio.
- Using a cotton pad, gently wipe your skin clean.
- This can also be used to remove makeup.
- Due to its antibacterial properties, it also helps keep acne at bay.
- You can also apply coconut milk on areas with sunburns, and keep it overnight.
- You could also add aloe vera and cucumber juice to it.
Use Coconut Milk As An Exfoliator:
- Mix coconut milk with powdered oats and scrub your skin.
- Leave it on for two to five minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- As an extra treat to dry skin, you can add some honey to this mix, and leave on the skin as a face pack for 15 minutes.
- This will moisturise and lighten the skin. Extra dry skin? A few drops of almond oil will give you the ultimate luxury face pack.
- Another way to use coconut milk as an exfoliator is to mix it with some coconut oil and roughly grounded sugar.
- Your skin will look super smooth and glow after you use this scrub and wash off.
- Just be gentle or you will be left with raw skin.
Get Glowing Face With Coconut Milk:
- We all love a glow on the face and you guessed it: coconut milk can bring the glow back to your face. Mix coconut milk with sandalwood powder, a few saffron strands and honey.
- Apply it on skin and leave it to dry, and wash off. There’s brighter skin for you!
How To Use Coconut Milk For Skin Whitening:
- When mixed with milk powder, coconut milk works as a skin whitener.
- The same goes with a turmeric and coconut milk paste that can be used up to three times a week.
Use Coconut Milk For Skin Massage:
If you are inclined to, instead of using coconut oil to massage your skin, you can heat coconut milk until it turns to oil and add a pinch of turmeric to this. It can be used to massage your skin.
There you go. These are the many ways in which coconut milk can be used. If it is too much of a fuss, there are beauty products like Olay Facial Moisturisers that can be a good product for your skin. Not just coconut milk but you can also get baby soft skin by using raw milk in your skin care routine. Check out 3 ways to use raw milk for skin here at our blog.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.