Smelly feet are a bane to our existence. From stinky feet to nasty fungal infections, our feet go through a lot during the monsoons. With some easy tips from us and a little bit of care from your end on how to get rid of feet smell, you can put an end to atleast the smelly part,which should ideally take care of the rest as well.
First things first, in order to know how to get rid of smelly feet, you must understand a few basics which lead to your foot smelling like a dead animal. Not a pretty image is it?
Causes Of Smelly Feet During Monsoon:
1. Damp Socks: Wearing moisture-laden socks throughout the day leads to your feet getting infested with bacteria (which can lead to athlete’s foot), but also gives out that horrible foot stench you used to complain about earlier, the only difference now is its coming from you instead of your co-worker.
2. Fungal infections: It’s really easy to get fungus on your feet in the rainy season as they get exposed to all kinds of bacteria. These bacteria then breed in your skin and lead to infections which can honestly get pretty brutal if not taken care of in time.
4 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet:
1. Wear Breathable Footwear:
- It’s better to wear either open-toed sandals or slippers to keep the water out during monsoons
- Closed shoes may trap bacteria ridden water and cause fungal infections
- Try to keep your feet as dry as possible by carrying an extra pair of socks to work if needed
2. Clean Your Feet Regularly:
- You have to make it a routine to wash your feet with some kind of anti-bacterial wash every day as soon as you come back home
- A lot of germs and dirt reside in the feet during monsoon due to contact with filthy water
- Just soak them in some salt water/vinegar mixed with warm water/ black tea and there’s your easiest foot smell remedy
3. Wash Your Footwear:
- Even though your feet need a proper wash every day, your sandals need to be washed too
- Make sure you soak them in Dettol and leave them out to dry fully before wearing them again
- If you continue wearing shoes and can’t help it, make sure you sprinkle some baking soda in them to deodorize and disinfect
4. Scrub Away:
This tip will not only leave your feet feeling soft and clean, but will also act as a relaxer for them.
Steps To Make Scrub:
- Make a concoction of half a cup of honey, two tbsp. apple cider vinegar and a slice of lemon in a bowl full of lukewarm water.
- Now soak your feet in this mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
- After your feet feel a little soft on the heels, scrub them with a pumice stone in circular motion.
- Dry your feet thoroughly and don’t forget to moisturize them with Olay Moisturizing Skin Cream for a complete spa experience.
I would advise you not to push back your cuticles as they protect your feet from germs during monsoons.There you go. Not only will your feet feel better after a long day, they’ll also smell lemony fresh.
Also, check out 5 homemade foot scrub recipes for beautiful feet here.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.