Before we tell you how to straighten beard hair, we’d first like to throw some light on the causes of an unruly beard. It’ll help you get a larger perspective on effective beard care.
What Are The Causes Of An Unmanageable Beard?
1. Improper care
- Your beard bears the brunt of dust, pollution and anything that encounters it.
- Rinse your beard using a proper beard wash and conditioner and not just any soap you get your hands on.
- Also make sure your hands are clean, as they come in constant contact with your beard.
A dry beard translates into a rough beard. You can’t expect your beard to maintain its health if you’re not conditioning it on a regular basis.
3. Lack of grooming
- If your beard hair is as wild as a bear in a forest, then you must start taking better care of it.
- Trimming it from time to time to keep split ends in check, will maintain the look as well as the texture of your beard hair.
- Try Braun Series 7 electric shavers as well as their exciting range of stylers and trimmers.
- These will always keep your beard in top shape. If you’re not fond of electric trimmers, use a Gillette Mach3 Turbo Razor, which will manage those stray hair on your face.
How do you straighten beard naturally?
1. Proper and regular grooming
Growing and maintaining a proper beard is no child’s play. You need to be responsible and take care of the beard for it to flourish and give you that look you’ve always wanted. Regular oiling, using a mild shampoo and conditioner as well as applying a beard oil is mandatory, to keep them naturally straight and smooth.
2. Beard oil
- A natural beard straightener, using a beard oil will not only moisturise your facial hair, but will also give your skin some hydration.
- It’ll help soften your beard and keep it tame.
- An added benefit of beard oil is that apart from keeping your beard hydrated, it also helps you style it the way you want and keep it naturally straight.
3. Beard brush
- If you have a long and thick beard, investing in a good brush is a great idea.
- In order for them to remain naturally straight, you need to wash and condition your beard.
- Blow dry your beard and use your comb to brush it downwards, simultaneously.
- Use some beard oil to set the look.
4. Natural beard balm
Beard straightening is not meant for everyone. It takes a little extra time and effort from your side, as you need to regularly groom and style your beard. Using an all-natural beard balm in this case, comes very handy.
5. A balanced diet
- You got that right! You need to change your dietary habits, if you want a naturally soft and hence straight beard on your face.
- Regular intake of eggs, beef, potatoes, orange juice, nuts and raisins help in blocking a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This results in increased hair growth and a well-nourished beard.
Also, check out 10 essential tips for beard shaping and grooming here at our blog.