I had a sore throat just last week. The excessive fried foods I ate for Diwali and the unavoidable pollution was to be blamed. What do you think I did to take care of it? I brewed myself a nice cup of ginger tea.
Besides being so tasty and healthy for the inside, do you know that there are numerous benefits of ginger for skin as well? Read this article and know why you absolutely must include this root in your beauty regimen.
10 Must Know Benefits Of Ginger For Skin:
#1 For blemishes and acne
Ginger is a powerful antiseptic that gets under your skin and kills acne-causing bacteria. And the best part, it is suitable for all kinds of skin. Use the juice of ginger for acne affected skin.
#2 To tone your skin
Ginger works like a natural toner. It works hard to cleanse and purify, giving you gorgeous, radiant, toned skin.
#3 As anti-ageing miracle
Ginger holds within itself around 40 antioxidant elements. This keeps ageing away and leaves you looking fresh and youthful.
#4 For improving skin elasticity
As we age, skin tends to lose its elasticity. But not with ginger on your side.Steps:
- Mix grated ginger, honey and fresh lemon juice.
- Apply this pack to your face.
- Wash off after 30 minutes.
- Do this twice a week for young, supple skin.
#5 To fade scars
Injuries sometimes leave behind hypo-pigmented scars – scars that are white or much lighter than the surrounding area. Ginger’s antioxidant properties help reduce this pigmentation to bring your skin colour as close to natural.
- Cut a slice of ginger.
- Rub it to the affected area of your skin.
- Let the juice dry naturally.
- Rinse it out.
- Repeat this 2-3 times daily for a few months and your scar will soon disappear.
#6 Soothe burns and blisters
Once the burn-affected skin has cooled down, apply fresh ginger juice to soothe and hasten the healing process.
#7 Help reverse sun damage
Ginger can magically undo the damage caused by excessive sun exposure, and restore skin back to its natural beauty. Say good bye to dry, spotty and sunburned skin.
#8 To treat inflammation
You can use ginger oil for skin that is inflamed and irritated. Mix a few drops with olive oil to soothe the affected skin.
#9 For radiant skin
You can use ginger for skin whitening. Cover your face with freshly cut slices of ginger to give your skin an instant glow.
You can also use Olay Natural White 7 IN ONE Instant Glowing Fairness with UV Protection to give you radiant, fairer skin immediately!
#10 To treat cellulite
Give yourself a massage with ginger oil to lessen cellulite and reduce the affliction of varicose veins.
2 Homemade Ginger Face Mask Recipes That Must Try:
Here’s a ginger face mask or two to make at home:
#1 For glowing skin:
- Mix one tablespoon fresh ginger juice, 2 tablespoons rosewater and ½ tablespoon honey.
- Use cotton balls to apply this to your face and neck.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes with a gentle cleanser.
- Repeat this regularly for glowing skin.
#2 To remove suntan:
- Mix ½ cup each of sugar and olive oil, and 2 tablespoon each of ginger juice and lemon juice.
- Apply this to your face, neck, hands and feet.
- Massage gently and wash off after 15 minutes.
- Do this twice a week to remove suntan.
So, the next time you buy vegetables, keep some ginger aside for your skin. And don’t forget to tell us how it helped you.
Since, holi is round the corner, check out 15 essential before and after holi skin care tips that you can follow to avoid the damage caused due to holi colors here.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.