Seriously? Women Shave Their Face!
Not all women are blessed with flawless skin. And for some, facial hair growth is the least of the problems. While most of us would resort to waxing or threading, women face shaving is becoming equally popular for the many benefits it offers, besides being a quick and easy alternative. In fact, Japanese women are regular patrons of “kao sori” parlours i.e., facial shaving for women. Dermatologists do not seem too averse to the idea either.
8 Reasons Why Women Should Shave Their Facial Hair
- If done the right way, i.e., on skin pre-moistened by soap or shaving gel, and with a sharp blade, shaving is less likely to cause skin irritation.
- It is a cheaper option to waxing or laser hair removal and less time consuming.
- It’s the perfect solution for that sudden date or occasion.
- Shaving removes the top layer of dead skin cells and this exfoliation keeps your skin smooth and even, which means makeup slides on easier and looks better.
- A smoother, hair-free skin also absorbs products better
- A razor reaches the baby hairs - the finer, light-coloured downy strands known as vellushair - which waxing could miss.
- It has some anti-ageing effect; it’s like a mild form of microdermabrasion which encourages collagen production, thereby reducing wrinkles. Whenever there’s trauma to the skin, collagen is stimulated to help cell renewal.
- The hair will not grow back thicker.
But in a land where stereotypes are comforting, should a woman shave her face and head for her man’s razor? Well, you don’t have to. The Gillette Venus, a specially designed razor for women is the best way to shave facial hair for women.
If you’re convinced, then read on! If you are still unsure about shaving facial hair, check out the pros and cons of waxing facial hair.
4 Things Women Should Know About Shaving
- Your hair will not grow back thicker and coarser. That’s a myth. Shaving has absolutely no effect on the rate of hair regrowth, colour, thickness or texture.
- Always shave in the direction of the hair growth and do it slowly. Never use a dull razor.
- Reserve the razor for the face and do not use it on any other parts of the body. This will help you avoid skin irritation and infection.
- Always wash the razor after use and keep it clean.
Find more hair removal tips and female grooming tips at our blog.
Get the best beauty tips at Reward Me.