A cup of chamomile tea evokes serenity, an open balcony, lots of breeze and a gorgeous sunset. But the phone on your desk rings and you come back to reality. As much as you would like to, where’s the time to brew a cup regularly?
But you can still get the same benefits with a bottle of chamomile oil. Not to drink, but to use as a stress buster, silly. A few drops on your handkerchief and you can get lost in the aroma of the essential oil.
And that’s just one of the benefits. There are a host of other reasons to use chamomile oil for skin rejuvenation and myriad skin care routines.
There is a Roman and a German chamomile oil variant, of which the latter is mainly used for its skin benefits.
10 Benefits Of Chamomile For Beautiful Skin:
#1 Skin whitening
You can use chamomile for skin whitening. Used regularly, it can reverse the effects of a tan and lighten your complexion.
- Mix together a few drops of chamomile oil and almond or olive oil.
- Apply this to your skin, massaging it gently.
- After about 10-15 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry.
Also, 7 ways to use tomato for skin & face whitening here at our blog.
#2 Small cuts and wounds
Chamomile oil has antiseptic properties that can prevent small cuts, wounds and bruises from getting infected.
#3 Skin rashes and irritation
You can take care of minor skin irritants by using chamomile oil.
- Add a few drops of chamomile oil to a few drops of coconut oil.
- Apply this to the affected skin.
- This will soothe irritated skin.
#4 Smoother complexion
You can use the oil of chamomile for skin toning. The healing and soothing properties of the oil reduce blemishes and leave you with a smoother, even-toned complexion.
#5 Moisturises skin
Pamper your skin with chamomile oil.
- Mix a few drops of chamomile oil and almond oil and apply this to your face and neck.
- Massage gently until the oil is absorbed.
- The oil goes deep within and moisturises while rejuvenating your skin.
#6 Younger-looking skin
Chamomile oil’s skin repairing and regenerating properties make it a must-have accompaniment to your beauty arsenal.Steps:
- Mix a few drops of chamomile oil and olive oil and apply this to your face and neck.
- Allow the oil to get absorbed.
- Do this regularly to diminish fine lines, wrinkles and under eye circles.
Have you tried Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-ageing Eye Cream for the same results?
We’ve already told you that chamomile oil has healing properties. Did you know you can use this as a home remedy for treating mild eczema?
- Dab on a mixture of chamomile oil and coconut oil on the affected area.
- Wash off with lukewarm water after 10-15 minutes.
#8 Acne treatment
Reduce inflammation and redness with this healing chamomile oil infusion.
- In a pan of boiling water, add a few drops of chamomile oil.
- Turn off the heat and let the liquid steep for an hour.
- Transfer the solution into a bottle.
- Put a few drops on a clean cotton ball and dab on the irritated area.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- You can also add a few drops of the oil into your daily bathwater.
#9 Insect bites
Dab on a little chamomile oil (diluted or full strength) to the bite area to soothe irritated skin.
#10 For sensitive skin
Chamomile oil is gentle, which is why it is often used for the fragile skin of babies, or patients who’ve had heavy doses of medications or medical treatments like chemotherapy and radiation.
Try these secret remedies of chamomile for face shining with health and beauty. Let us know which one worked for you best.Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.