Chocolate is what I munch on when I feel low or depressed or angry or happy. But this all-season, all-mood food is more than just something delicious. It is now gaining popularity as chocolate wax too, with many women gushing over its pain-free and skin-friendly benefits.
Chocolate wax does the same job as regular wax but it is different in many ways. Since it is more expensive, you’ll currently find it only in high-end salons and spas. However, it’s nice to pamper yourself every once in a while. Let’s know a little more about chocolate wax benefits:
10 Amazing Chocolate Wax Benefits That You Should Know:
#1 It smells wonderful
The heady aroma of chocolate relaxes and makes you feel so good, taking away half the stress associated with waxing.
#2 It has just the right temperature
Chocolate, even when hot, isn’t as hot as regular wax is. So there is no chance of accidental skin blistering.
#3 It makes your skin soft
Chocolate wax is loaded with wonderful elements like almond oil, glycerine, cocoa beans, sunflower oil, soya bean oils, and many vitamins and minerals that make your skin soft.
#4 Even the tiniest of hairs are waxed
White chocolate wax benefits skin because it coats and removes even the tiniest of hair, leaving behind smooth, hairless skin.
#5 You can wax your face
Because of its soft and smooth nature, you can use chocolate wax for face as well.
#6 Glowing skin
Chocolate wax pampers your skin thoroughly, leaving you with glowing skin at the end of the waxing routine. I also use Olay facewash to keep my skin soft and supple.
#7 No rashes
Remember what I said about the right temperature? By virtue of that quality, chocolate wax doesn’t cause redness or rashes.
#8 Goodbye ingrown hair
Because chocolate wax removes every single strand of hair, it prevents any possibility of hair ingrowth.
#9 Slows down hair growth
It has been said that chocolate wax slows down growth of hair, leaving you hair-free for longer periods of time.
#10 Reduces the number of waxing trips
Slower hair growth means you need to make fewer trips to the salon. So, even if chocolate waxing seems expensive, over time, with reduced trips, it will actually work out better.
If you still aren’t sure, how about I tell you that you can do chocolate waxing at home? Yes, it’s possible, with a few tips and tricks up your sleeve. Here you go:
How To Do Chocolate Waxing At Home:
- Start by purchasing a good quality chocolate wax.
- Don’t forget to do a patch test before you sit down to wax. (Yes, people can be allergic to chocolate wax. Sad, isn’t it?)
- Wash and dry your skin thoroughly.
- Sprinkle some talcum powder on the areas that you plan to wax.
- Warm the wax, but don’t overheat it.
- Apply a small dollop of the wax. Unlike regular wax, you need just a small quantity to effectively remove hair. Needless to say, apply the wax in the direction of hair growth.
- Place a cotton strip, press it down firmly and pull it in opposite direction of hair growth.
- You can use the same strip one more time on a different area.
- Once you are done, clean off any remaining wax with a wet sponge.
Chocolate waxing will leave you smooth and hair free for a longer period. But if you need a quick clean you can always rely on Gillette Venus Breeze 2 In 1 Razor which requires no shaving gel!Also, check out 10 more essential waxing tips for painless hair removal at home here at our blog.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.