Dry skin can be a combination of many factors - weather, dehydration, malnutrition and harsh soaps too. While there are quite a few good moisturisers in the market, you could also boost your skin’s looks using homemade face packs for dry skin. These are great to use if you have somewhere to go in a couple of days.
- Chop and mash ¼ of a cucumber.
- Mix in 1 tbsp. of granular sugar and put the mixture in the fridge.
- Apply to face, leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm or cool water and pat dry.
- Mix 2 tbsp. yogurt, 2 tsp. of honey and a bit of ripe banana together.
- Apply to face and neck and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- For added benefits, you could also chomp on a few while you wait. This is wonderfully rejuvenating and doing this 2 or 3 times a week will give you great results.
- Mix a small piece of a mashed banana with 1 tsp. each of olive oil and honey.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes. Bananas and olive oil are great for combating free radicals and their damage.
- If nothing else, relax while you have the mask on and enjoy some down time.
Avocado aka Breadfruit: This wonderful fruit doesn’t require anything else in it. Use ¼ of an avocado mashed into a thin paste. Apply it to skin and rinse off with lukewarm, followed by cold water.
Sandalwood and Rosewater: Want fair and fresh looking skin? Well, these two ingredients can do the trick. Add a dash of lemon juice to perk up the skin.
Almond and Oatmeal: This face pack sounds good enough to eat.
- Grind 5 almonds and 2 tbsp. of oats into a fine paste.
- Add 1 tsp. of honey and 2 tbsp. of yoghurt and make a smooth paste.
- Keep on for 15 minutes and rinse. Almonds and yogurt nourish the skin and oatmeal acts as a scrubber.
- Use this at least 2 times a week for great looking skin. Once again remember, it’s a face pack, not a snack.
- Use dried rose petals, 2 tbsp. water and oats.
- Grind all the ingredients into a fine paste. Keep a bit of rose water handy too.
- Dab the rose water all over your face with a cotton ball before using the face pack.
- Apply the pack, leave on for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water. It refreshes the skin and reduces redness too.
There are so many wonderful ways to rejuvenate dry skin with natural ingredients. Don’t be afraid to experiment. After all, if you can eat the ingredients, you can definitely put them on your skin without any side effects.