And now that you know, you can give it what it needs and watch everything from pigmentation and pimples to fine lines and dark circles disappear. But hang on, how does one use what’s basically, dal, on the face? As a face pack, of course. Here’s a list of Masoor Dal face pack recipes that can magically transform your relationship with your skin!
4 Masoor Dal Face Recipes for Glowing Skin
#1 Masoor Dal and Milk for Exfoliation:
- Every beauty regimen begins with a good scrub and you’d be amazed at just how easy it is to make your own.
- All you’re going to need is milk and well, our hero of the day, Masoor Dal.
- Take a tablespoon of Masoor Dal, soak it in water overnight and grind it into a paste the next morning.
- Add a teaspoon of milk to make a thick paste and scrub away.
- This natural, wholesome scrub does wonders in getting rid of dead cells, leaving your skin brighter, fresher and happier!
#2 Masoor Dal Face Pack for Pigmentation and Skin Lightening:
- If dark spots, uneven skin tone and a tendency to tan easily is your problem, here’s your easy way out.
- Mix equal parts Masoor Dal powder and honey.
- The powder is easy enough to make yourself (refer to previous recipe) or in any case, easy enough to find at your local departmental store.
- Make a thick paste with honey and spread liberally on your face and neck and really, anywhere else that pigmentation might be a problem.
- Leave it on till dry and rinse.
- Herbal remedies do take time to work but do this at least once a week along with your daily dose of Olay White Radiance Brightening Intensive Serum and you should soon see a difference!
Also, check out 3 fairness face pack recipes for fairer, brighter skin.
#3 Masoor Dal Face Pack for Acne:
- If acne is the culprit, then you’re going to want to add Masoor Dal powder to your usual anti-acne pack: gram flour, yoghurt and turmeric.
- Make a paste, apply on face, allow to dry, and rinse off. It’s really that simple.
- Make sure you’re doing this at least once a week as a preventive measure if you’re generally acne prone, and twice a week there is live acne to destroy with this mighty power pack!
#4 Masoor Dal Face Mask for Glowing Skin:
- So there’s nothing terribly wrong with your skin but it feels tired and lifeless. And while everyone tells you that’s not even a real complaint, only you know because for once, you’d like to take a picture and not add any filters. We hear you.
- And there’s a Masoor Dal face pack just for you. Just soak 100 gms of Masoor Dal in a glass of milk overnight.
- Grind it to a paste in the morning and apply on face.
- Leave it on for twenty minutes and rinse off. There’s your insta glow for any photoshoot!
As is the case with most herbal ingredients, there’s an endless list of magic recipes that can be cooked up with them. But these should have your back (or, err, your face) on most days of the week. Happy Masoor Dal-ing, darling! Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.