Laser Hair Removal is quickly turning out to be the most viable and opted for alternative to waxing by women today. It is a permanent solution to the tedious chore of hair removal as it saves time. But did you know it also saves you a ton of money in the long run?
How Laser Hair Removal Works:
In this procedure, laser is used to penetrate the skin, target hair shafts and inhibit hair growth. What this means is, it destroys hair follicles, thereby achieving permanent removal. Typically, the hair in the areas that have been treated with this procedure falls out within a period of 2-3 weeks.
Laser Hair Removal has become popular with women today mainly because of its many advantages over waxing. Though you might feel a tinge of pain, its long list of benefits makes it worthwhile.
- It causes absolutely no damage to the dermis and even the most sensitive skin can also be treated. Research suggests that almost 5 in 10 people have sensitive skin which makes this is a great alternative for them.
- It is definitely much quicker and more precise than all the other hair removal procedures as its technological advancement minimizes human error.
- As the treatments progress, this procedure makes your skin progressively softer and smoother.
- This highly minimises the risk of skin infections. Most clinics that offer the procedure do so under the strict supervision of a qualified and experienced dermatologist.
- It is definitely one of the best long-term investments in hair removal as it is highly cost effective, especially when you consider how much you will end up spending over a lifetime on other hair removal alternatives like waxing or electrolysis.
Let’s face one truth, nothing comes without a set of cons. The best part is, Laser Hair Removal has a much lesser risk factor than waxing and electrolysis and is not even half as harsh on the skin. However, there are some side effects that you may need to watch out for.
- Now as most of you know, accepting pain has become second nature when it concerns the ordeal of hair removal. That being said, Laser Hair Removal is relatively painless in comparison; mild tingling and numbness are considered routine during this procedure.
- Laser may cause mild hyper pigmentation or hypo pigmentation, which is basically darkening or lightening of the skin after the laser hair removal. Do consult a dermatologist to find out if your skin may be prone to either of these side effects and how to avert the same.
- In rare cases, skin could turn red for a few days after treatment with some swelling around the follicle. This is however, an uncommon occurrence and can also be effectively treated.
Everything worth doing comes at a price, and this procedure is no different. Laser Hair Removal seems heavy on the wallet when viewed from a momentary perspective. However, it offers a permanent solution to hair removal and in the long run turns out to be very economical, if you consider how much of a recurring cost hair removal can be.Besides, who doesn’t want silky smooth skin!
Also learn more about the pros & cons of waxing vs epiliation here.
Get helpful hair removal ideas to pick the best shaving alternative for you.
Read useful beauty tips here.