Acne, which is the result of your pores getting filled with dead skin, sebum and dirt, is something people face off-and-on throughout their lives. And blackheads are a result of acne. So, of course, the question that’s probably popping up in your mind, is “Why are you telling me what it is; tell me how to get rid of it?” And that is the plan, dear ladies.
This article will discuss the effectiveness of using turmeric for acne. First we must understand why turmeric will actually work. With potent anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, acne doesn’t stand a chance. What’s more, it contains a compound called curcumin which keeps inflammation and pain caused by acne at bay. With potent anti-oxidant properties, it helps break down free radicals and prevents breakouts.
Now, that you’ve seen why turmeric helps cure acne let’s take a look at a turmeric face mask for home treatment of blackheads:
Turmeric Face Mask For Blackheads & Acne Removal
- Sandalwood powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Water (both cold and warm)
- Cotton pads
- Lavender or rose water
- In a small bowl, put both the sandalwood and turmeric powder.
- Now, put in the curd and mix until a paste is formed.
- Gently apply the paste on blackheads and problem areas on your face.
- Let it sit for approx. 30 minutes before you wash it off using warm water.
- That done, now give you face a good splashing with cold water.
- Pat your skin dry and apply some Olay moisturizer.
Pro Tip: A great way to enjoy this process is to place cotton pads that have been dipped in either rose or lavender water on your eyes.
Use this face mask for up to 3 weeks and you will notice a remarkable difference!Also, check out the 15 benefits of turmeric for skin here at Reward Me.
Read useful skin care tips here.
Get useful beauty tips here.