We should give some credit to banana peels. It selflessly guards such a wonderful fruit from the harsh conditions outside. We bring you some wonderful banana peel uses to help you achieve the flawless skin you’ve always dreamed of. Yes, they can be used to treat acne, blemishes and skin irritation as well. The potassium and anti-oxidants found in it prevent your skin from aging.
Read on to find out how you can use banana peel for skin whitening and how to make a wonderfully scrumptious banana peel face mask!
5 Ways To Use Banana Peel For Face & Skin Whitening:
1. Banana Peel For Acne:
All you need is 1 banana peel!
- Gently massage the softer side of the banana peel on the acne affected area for 15 minutes
- After you’re done massaging, let it dry for another 10 minutes
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a mild facewash
- We recommend using Olay Regenerist Revitalising Cream Cleanser facewash. It helps your skin retain its moisture
- Repeat twice a day every day and say goodbye to pesky acne forever!
2. Banana Peel For Face Whitening:
For this face pack, you’ll need 1 banana peel, ½ cup oatmeal and 2 tbsp. of sugar
- Blend all three ingredients well and apply to your face
- Keep it on for 15 minutes and let it dry partially
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and repeat once a week
- You will notice an instant glow in your complexion because of the potassium in the peel
3. Banana Peel To Reduce Swelling:
You’ll need 1 banana peel, 1 tsp. of turmeric and 3 tbsps. of water
- Blend all these ingredients in a blender to get a smooth yellowish paste
- Apply on your face for 15 minutes and then wash it off
- Repeat whenever required
The turmeric and peels have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which soothe your skin.
4. Banana Peels To End Blemishes:
Blend 1 banana peel and 1 tsp. of lemon juice well
- Apply the mixture on your face and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Wash it off but remember to repeat the process every day
- You will soon notice the blemishes and scars fade away to reveal a brighter, happier you!
- You can also use Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-ageing Night Cream before you go to sleep, as it fights the 7 signs of ageing, including age spots!
5. Banana Peels To Treat Oily Skin:
Take 1 peel of a banana and add ½ a tsp. of baking powder and 2-3 tbsp. of water
- Blend in a blender until you get a smooth paste
- Apply the paste to your face for 2-5 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- The baking soda will absorb the oil that clogs pores and leave your skin feeling fresh
Now that you know how wonderful banana peels can be for your skin, never throw another peel out again!Also, check out 7 amazing ways to use almond oil for beautiful skin here at out blog!
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.