Everything about summer is sunny and gorgeous and lovely. Except dark underarms. That’s the only thing coming between you and those lovely dresses and spaghetti tops and swimsuits.
We don’t recommend any whitening creams for your underarms; you’ll end up worsening the situation. Instead try some of these home remedies for dark underarms.
Dark underarms are usually the result of excessive sweating, shaving, accumulation of dead cells, use of inferior quality antiperspirants, hair removal creams or just tight clothing.
7 Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Underarms :
The simple aaloo is an excellent bleaching remedy for underarm whitening.
How To Use Potato For Dark Underarms:
- Rub freshly-cut raw potato slices on your underarms
- Let the juice dry for 10 minutes
- Rinse your underarms with lukewarm water
- Do this at least twice a day for faster results
#2 Tomato juice
The acidic properties of a tomato are effective for skin lightening.
Steps To Use Tomato Juice To Lighten Underarms:
- Apply freshly-extracted tomato juice to your underarms
- Wash it off after 20 minutes
- Do this every single day to see results
Yogurt and honey combine to help cleanse skin and remove the impurities that cause darkening.
Steps To Use Yogurt For Underarms Lightening:
- Make a mix of 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey
- Apply this to your dark underarms and rub it in gently
- After about 5-10 minutes wash it off with water
- You can repeat this every day until you see results
Bleaching agent, anti-septic and anti-bacterial – lemon plays all roles wonderfully, which is why it is so good at lightening dark underarms.
How To Use Lemon To Lighten Dark Underarms:
- Slice a fresh lemon thickly
- Sprinkle on some sugar on the slice
- Rub your underarms with this for a few minutes
- After about 10-15 minutes rinse it out thoroughly with lukewarm water
- You can repeat this treatment daily
Cucumber is a fresh alternative to lightening dark underarms. Its natural bleaching characteristics make it the perfect answer to ‘how to lighten dark underarms’ questions.
Steps To Use Cucumber For Dark Underarms:
- Rub thick cucumber slices on your underarms
- Let the juices work their way in
- After about 10 minutes wash off
- You can repeat this treatment daily 1-2 times until you see results
Papaya is a sweet home remedy for pigmented underarms. It contains natural enzymes that can lighten and exfoliate skin.
Steps To Use Papaya To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms:
- Cut a ripe papaya and rub a piece of it directly on your underarms
- After about 20-30 minutes wash it off thoroughly
- Repeat this 3-4 times a week until you see results
#7 Coconut Oil
The vitamin E present in coconut oil is your protection against dark underarms.
Steps To Use Coconut Oil To Lighten Dark Underarms:
- Massage your underarms with coconut oil for 15-20 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser, like Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Anti Aging Foaming Face Wash Cleanser
- You can easily repeat this treatment 2 to 3 times every day
Now that you know how to whiten underarms with these 7 simple home remedies, how soon before you bring out the sleeveless dresses?
Also, check out how to lighten dark upper lip with 3 simple home remedies here.
Read more skin care tips at Reward Me.
Check out more useful beauty tips at our blog.
Avail exciting Braun coupons here at Reward Me.