Done? Good. Now let’s get the causes of this most distressing cosmetic problem out of the way. There is a long list of reasons why you might have noticed dark or white patches around your chin or your lips. Uneven skin tone is the result of everything from exposure to the sun, cosmetic products that don’t agree with the skin, excessive threading or waxing, all the way to smoking and genetics. Now while you may decide to stop smoking or using a better sunscreen, there is only so much you can control if you want to live like it is not the zombie apocalypse and it is safe to venture out of the house.
So here’s our go-to anti-skin-discolouration guide for surviving life in a fast-paced world:
How To Get Rid Of Skin Discolouration
#1 Magic lemon:
- Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent, so if you want to get rid of dark patches or pigmentation, all you need to do is mix a few drops of lemon juice to your regular beauty routine.
- Are you honey person? Organic honey is another favourite and is known to give you that instant glow.
- If glow is what you’re going for, mix your lemon juice with honey.
- If not, olive oil is an excellent substitute as well.
- Olive oil and honey (in addition to using Olay Total Effects 7 IN ONE Day Cream with Touch of Foundation in your skin care routine) can do wonders for patchy, uneven skin tone.
- Just make a quick mixture, leave it on for a few minutes and wash it away.
- Do it twice a week and you should notice a visible difference in about 6 weeks.
#2 Orange peel powder:
- Orange is loaded with Vitamin C (great for skin) and antioxidants, so if you don’t have the patience to dry and grind orange peels, run to your nearest organic store and get yourself a pack of orange peel powder.
- Mix this with yoghurt or honey or lemon every week and use as a face pack to get rid of stubborn dark patches on skin.
#3 Turmeric powder:
- The beauty secret of grandmothers, turmeric is known for its healing as well as anti-bacterial properties in Ayurveda, so if in addition to skin discolouration, you find yourself dealing with bouts of acne, then turmeric is your best bet.
- Just mix a tablespoon with gram flour (besan), add rosewater or lemon juice and make a fine paste.
- Apply the pack on your face and leave it on until it dries.
- Do this even once a week along with one other pack and watch your skin transform!
Most packs have a way of drying your skin, so make sure to follow up with a gentle moisturizer like Olay Moisturizing Lotion for best results. And of course, if you suspect the patchiness could be the result of something deeper – such as hormonal changes – make sure to have it checked by a dermatologist. Either way, there’s no need to lose your head over a little patchy skin. Just follow these super-simple home remedies that don’t take more than a few minutes of your time and you’ll see that beauty really needn’t be expensive. Thank us later!
Also, check out 7 almond oil recipes to get rid of common skin care problems here.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.