If those generic acne creams or facewashes you use every day aren’t helping, then maybe they aren’t right for the kind of acne you have. Know about the different types of acne and how to get as far away from them as possible.
Explore 3 Different Types Of Acne, Their Causes & Home Treatment
1. Acne vulgaris
Of all acne types, this is the most common. Acne vulgaris is a skin condition which causes inflammation along with pimple outbreaks, blackheads, white heads and cysts. It usually occurs in skin areas where the concentration of oil glands is very high. This is usually seen in the form of back acne, acne on the face as well as the upper chest area.
As a teenager, suffering from this acne is quite common because of puberty and the changes your body is going through. It is usually hereditary and tends to disappear after a certain age. Besides the psychological effects of having persistent acne, they can leave scars as well.
2. Papules Acne
- A form of acne vulgaris that appears as small bumps on face is knows as papules acne.
- These bumps have no visible pores like blackheads or whiteheads.
- They are surrounded by skin inflammation because of which squeezing them to remove them will not work.
- Regular application of Benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid are the best treatments for this kind of acne.
Causes Of Papules Acne:1. Hormonal changes
Increase in testosterone during puberty results in increased oil gland secretion, which in turn results in acne.
2. Increase in testosterone during puberty results in increased oil gland secretion, which in turn results in acne.
Factors like illnesses, medication, change in lifestyle as well as your menstrual cycle can cause hormonal imbalances, leading to acne.
3. Unhealthy food habits
Dairy products and high sugar intake lead to acne.
This is another reason for acne, so consider keeping your stress under control, or look for ways to manage your stress in a healthy manner.
- Reduce the amount of sugar and starch in your meals
- Try to eliminate dairy products, or at least decrease its intake
- Use apple cider vinegar diluted with water and apply it daily
- Use tree tea oil regularly as it is a natural antibiotic and will clear up your skin
- Also, moisturize your skin with Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream for gentle, spotless skin
3. Acne Rosacea
- This kind of acne affects about 10% of the population and generally develops when one is in their teenage years.
- It usually continues to become worse when one enters their 30s or 40s.
- It characterises of formations of red, acne like pustules on the skin’s surface.
- It generally starts out as a small rash or a red patch, before it spreads and becomes more concentrated.
- There is no blackhead formation associated with this type of acne
The cause of acne rosacea is still not fully understood by skin experts, but the best treatment for it is by making changes to your lifestyle as well as taking regular medication.
Causes Of Acne Rosacea
1. Emotional Factors
Stress is one of the major causes of experiencing this kind of acne. Besides that, fear, anxiety, embarrassment and any trigger that causes one’s face to flush easily are reasons for this acne.
2. Physical Factors
The skin is unable to reduce facial inflammation caused by environmental factors like sunburns, demodicosis, flushing and certain medicines as well.
- Identifying what triggers the rash helps you know how to avoid it.
- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine, sugar and processed food, dairy products, fried foods as well as foods that are high on omega-6s.
- Increase your intake of healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, nuts and seeds, organic fruits and veggies, clean proteins like salmon and grass fed animal products as well as turmeric, ginger, garlic, onion, carrots, tomatoes and green tea.
- Wear sunscreen regularly.
- Switch to natural cosmetics
- Take it easy on the stress!
- Try supplements and essential oils that will help calm the effects
Even almond works wonders for your skin. Check out 6 amazing almond face pack recipes to maintain healthy skin all year round here.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get useful beauty tips here.