Waxing, at the most basic level, uproots hair. This means that it removes hair from its root. While getting rid of facial hair is possible using various methods like bleaching, threading and laser treatments, facial waxing is considered to be a method that resounds with most people; most people, not all. Why? Well, here we examine the pros and cons of waxing facial hair, be it at a salon or facial hair removal at home.
6 Pros of Waxing Facial Hair:
- Perfect for women who suffer from a lot of facial hair. Women with considerable facial hair tend to bleach it, often with disastrous results. Golden facial hair is never a golden sight.
- While shaving facial hair makes the hair that grows back hard, waxing uproots the shaft of the hair. So, the hair that grows back is smooth. And smooth is sexy.
- The effects of waxing last for about two or more weeks, which is pretty good in comparison to shaving. The last thing you want is anything that resembles a beard growing on your face.
- Waxing is precise whereas other techniques aren’t. While shaving cannot guarantee all facial hair will be evenly removed, bleaching can turn out patchy with abnormal golden gradients of hair.
- Waxing damages your hair follicles; this is not a bad thing because it reduces the growth of hair and over time your face will be completely hair-free. After all, isn’t being hair-free the real pursuit of happiness here?
- Waxing is economical and can even be done at home. While shaving is also equally economical, it isn’t as effective. Plus women, unlike men, aren’t that adept at it. Bleaching is just outright expensive.
6 Cons of Waxing Facial Hair:
- It’s painful because the skin on your face is sensitive. Yes, no pain no gain pretty much encapsulates the waxing experience.
- Waxing sometimes leads to unsightly patches of blood on your face. But trust us, it’s not as scary as it seems.
- Waxing done wrong can cause skin irritation, discoloration, burns, infections and even allergic reactions. Which is why, you have to take care to learn the craft of waxing or leave it to a professional.
- You have to repeat the process many times for best results. This means more pain.
- If face waxing fails then ‘ingrown’ hairs can be formed. This leads to whiteheads and puss-filled boils.
- Once you wax, you will be homebound for a minimum of 24 hours. Yes, your skin is sensitive during this period and vulnerable to infection.
So, the choice is yours really. Are you the no pain, no gain kind of woman or would you rather not go through the pain and possible skin problems of facial waxing? Take your pick.
Click here for more hair removal tips.
Read useful beauty tips here.