A black spot on lips is nothing you need to panic about. It happens to the best of us. There are many reasons for these spots to appear out of nowhere, but we’re here to save the day (and your lips)!
4 Important Tips To Prevent Black Spots On Lips:
1. Wear Sunscreen:
I can’t stress enough the importance of using a good sunscreen which will not only save you from the harmful UV rays of the sun, but will also help you avoid those nasty blemishes on your lips.
2. Stay Hydrated:
Always carry a bottle of water wherever you go and remember to keep sipping on it. One of the major reasons for dark spots on the lips is if they are dry for long periods of time.
3. Tea/Coffee Regulation:
I know, I know, it’s very difficult to get throughout the day without your cuppa. But those blemishes on your lips could be because of excessive intake of these liquids.
4. Using Expired Or Cheap Cosmetics:
Been there, done that. Sometimes we don’t realise the extent of damage expired products do to your skin. Repeat these words out loud right now, and thank us later, ‘I will regularly check the expiry dates on my cosmetics’.
4 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Black Spots On Lips:
- When life gives you lemons, apply them to your lips. Seriously, lemon juice works wonders as a dark spots on lips treatment
- All you have to do is mix the juice of 1 lemon with a teaspoon of honey and apply to your lips with a cotton ball
- Let it dry and then wash your face with Olay White Radiance Advanced Whitening Fairness Foaming Face Wash Cleanser so that your skin doesn’t lose its moisture
- Do this a few times a week to have blemish free lips in a few weeks
If the lemon mixture feels a little harsh on your lips, try applying the paste of 1 tomato to your lips regularly and there’s your lip dark spot remover with just one ingredient.
3. Rose Petals & Glycerine:
- If the black spots on your lips are due to smoking, this mixture will work wonders for you
- Grind the petals mixed with some glycerine to a paste and apply on your lips before you go to bed
- Rinse it off in the morning and slowly but surely, you will see your lips restore to their original pouty glory
4. Almond Oil:
Massage a small amount of almond oil and sugar to your lips every night to remove any kind of pigmentation and dead skin accumulating on them throughout the day.
If none of the above solutions resonate with you and you still have a black mark on your lip that’s driving you crazy, you might need to go to a doctor because that may be an indication of some kind of a hormonal imbalance. It’s a pretty common phenomenon due to our hectic lifestyles and lack of a balanced diet. You just need to tweak a few of your unhealthy habits and your life (and lips) will be on track in no time!
Also, check out how to get pink lips naturally with 10 home remedies here.
Read more skin care tips at Reward Me.
Check out more useful beauty tips at our blog.