It is easily available, super refreshing as a juice especially in summer, and loaded with the specific vitamins and antioxidants necessary for great skin. So even if it’s not your most favorite fruit, it’s going to be once you hear what it can do for you.
Vitamins are necessary for great skin health. Pineapples are fruits which are packed with Vitamins C, A and K! Check out the benefits of these vitamins for skin health.
Benefits Of Pineapple For Skin
Benefits of Vitamin C for Skin:
- Vitamin C is known to be a lifesaver for skin issues.
- To heal, nourish and maintain healthy skin vitamin C is essential.
- And it’s a Vitamin we often lack.
- The other thing about Vitamin C is you can never have too much of it.
- All excess Vitamin C gets automatically flushed out of the body so it’s not like you can take too much.
Benefits of Vitamin A for Skin:
- Vitamin A which has antifungal properties
- It helps in keeping situations marred with breakouts, pus or acne issues under control.
Benefits of Vitamin K for Skin:
- Vitamin K is essential for blood clotting, and hence really helps in minimizing and healing your bruises
- Vitamin K also is used sometimes to reduce stretch marks, cellulite, scars etc.
Hence, if you’re looking for natural ways to protect or heal your skin from just about anything from sun damage and uneven skin tone to acne, blemishes or wrinkles, pineapple is your go-to fruit!
So, now that we’ve convinced you, how do you go about using pineapple for your skin?
As is the case with most fruits and vegetables, there is really no better way to absorb their goodness than consuming them.
Ways To Consume Pineapple for Better Skin Health:
- Add pineapple to your daily diet of fruits and veggies
- If you’re a juice person, you’ll absolutely love pineapple juice. It’s the most refreshing cold drink after a good workout or even on a hot day.
3 Different Ways To Use Pineapple For Skin:
- Pineapple Face Packs:
- Just add pineapple juice to any of your face packs – fuller’s earth, turmeric, honey, Bengal gram powder, just about anything that you like.
- Apply it on your face and neck for around 5 mins
- Wash it off with cold water
- Pineapple Face Scrubs:
- Take a piece/slice of pineapple and mix it with sugar, honey and coconut oil
- Apply it on your wet face and leave it on for 5 minutes
- Wash it off with luke warm water and then splash cold water to close all your pores
- Pineapple as Tan Remover:
- Wondering how to deal with the stubborn tan?
- Pineapple is a great tan remover and excellent at evening out your skin tone.
- Take pineapple pulp and mix honey with it
- Apply it on your face for 5 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
Precautions while Using Pineapple in your Beauty Regime:
- Pineapples are rich in acids, make sure you don’t keep it on your face for longer than 5 minutes.
- The acids begin to sting after a while and may cause damage to skin in the form of angry red rashes so be aware of that.
- As is the case with all face pack rituals, make sure to follow up with a good moisturizer like Olay Moisturizing Lotion.
Pineapple is one of those rare gifts of nature that’s not only loaded with health benefits but is also great on the taste buds. So make sure you exploit it!Also, almonds in the same way has both skin as well as health benefits. So check out 6 ways to use almond oil for fabulous skin here.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.