So, it’s time to tackle something that has been confusing folks for decades; what exactly is the difference between acne and pimple? To know the answer to this we must first understand, fundamentally, what is acne and what are pimples?
What is acne?
Sebum, skin cells and hair follicles bunch together to form a plug, and when this plug gets infected by bacteria, the resulting swelling is called Acne. It can appear on the face, neck, shoulders, chest and back. There are two kinds, namely, acne vulgaris, seen in children during puberty and acne rosacea, which is basically adult acne. The latter is more chronic. Acne can be a result of genetic factors.
What is a pimple?
A pimple is what is created when the skin pores suffer blockage on account of dead skin cells being held back by sebum. A case of severe acne will almost always lead to the formation of pimples. Pimples are generally never caused due to genetic factors.
What are the Causes of Pimples and Acne?
As seen above, you can understand that blockage of pores is a major reason for acne and pimples. This blockage is caused due to the oils secreted by sebaceous glands and the dead skins. Hence it is essential we keep our faces oil-free and rid it of impurities.
8 Tips For Prevention of Acne and Pimples
- Keep your face squeaky clean as far as possible. Washing your face at least twice daily eliminates excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells. Use Olay facial cleanser to help keep your skin moist and clean.
- You face isn’t the only part of your body that needs to be clean to prevent a breakout; your hair does too. Keep your hair oil free as much as you can and never sleep with oil on your locks; they will touch your face and then you know what happens then. Also, try to use clear shampoos which help in controlling the oiliness of the hair. Pantene Pro V Nature Fusion shampoo is a clear shampoo and may help control the oiliness of your hair.
- Quit touching your face with your hands often because your hands collect plenty of bacteria throughout the day.
- Avoid junk food and chocolate as much as you can. Eat plenty of grains, veggies and fruits instead.
- Exercise regularly and your skin will be healthy too.
- Don’t be out in the sun for too long because its UV rays are harmful for your skin.
- Avoid makeup as often as you can. And when you can’t make sure you wash it off before hitting the sack.
- You can also get rid of pimples using beetroot face packs!
The above lifestyle changes will ensure that you don’t have to go through a pimple scare before any event. It is also essential that you get proper nutrition and follow a healthy diet to prevent pimples and acne.
Food products like fruits, green vegetables ensure that your skin is well nourished and there are no random breakouts. Also, all our grandmas keep telling us to drink more water, as it helps to flush the toxins out, and gives you a clear, glowing skin! So ensure that you drink water as much as possible. Now that you have learnt how to stop your skin from breaking out, also learn how to get rid of pimples if you get any as shown below. All the methods mentioned below are natural and most of the ingredients used are found in every household.
4 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples and Acne Overnight:
#1 Tomatoes/Tomato Pulp:
Tomatoes contain lycopene and many essential vitamins like A, C and K which ensures that your skin is healthy. The above mentioned properties are also common with leading acne medication, and hence tomatoes are a great way to get rid of pimples.
- You can use tomato slices directly on your face, by placing them over your pimples.
- You can also make tomato juice or pulp and using a cotton ball, spread it evenly all over your face.
- Using tomatoes won’t just remove your pimples, but will also help in fading of your tan. Use this home remedy regularly (at least once a week) to see appreciable difference.
#2 Lemon Juice:
- Again, like tomatoes, lemon juice help in drying out your pimples. Lemon also has anti-bacterial properties that help in reducing your pimples from spreading all over your face.
- But before using lemon directly on your skin, ensure that your skin is not irritated by lemon by doing a patch test.
- You can also mix lemon with water to slightly lower the concentration and then apply it on your acne and pimples.
Potatoes are hero ingredients in our kitchens, and can be amazing for our beauty regime as well.
- Use potato juice by directly applying it on your pimples and acne. You can make potato juice by grating a potato and squeezing the juice out.
- If you want to save yourself this trouble, you can directly use thin potato slices to help get rid of acne and pimples.
- Potatoes not only remove pimples, they also lighten your skin! So now you can get even tone skin along with clear skin with this wonderful ingredient!
#4 Yogurt Face Mask
Yogurt has probiotic properties and helps in reducing acne.
- Take a tablespoon of plain yogurt and apply it on your face.
- To improve the skin benefits of yogurt, you can add a little turmeric which has anti-bacterial properties and help in reducing pimples as well.
- In 1 tablespoon of yogurt, add 1 teaspoon turmeric and apply a thin layer of this paste on your face.
- Wait for it to dry and wash it with mild face wash like Olay Clarity Fresh Cleanser.
Also, check out 5 effective home remedies to get rid of tan lines here.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get useful beauty tips here.