Besides being used for therapy, hair care and culinary purposes, lavender oil for skin is making rounds as the next best natural cure for all your problems related to the skin. Its magical aroma never fails to encompass you. One whiff of it transports you to a lavender field far-far away, where you just want to relax and never return from. We have penned down a list of lavender oil uses, to try out the next time you’re facing a skin crisis. Never buy expensive creams ever again!
10 Benefits Of Lavender Oil For Skin & Face:
- Helps treat acne
- Reduces eczema
- Provides your skin with powerful anti-oxidants
- Heals burns
- Helps soothe insect bites
- Can be used as a toner
- Soothes tired muscles
- Lightens skin
- Prevents wrinkles
- Helps soothe sun burns
You are now aware of the super flower that is lavender. Don’t waste more time and money on expensive beauty products. Use lavender oil for face and begin your journey towards radiant skin right away with our special recipes for skin!
4 Ways To Use Lavender Oil For Skin & Face:
1. Lavender Oil For Acne:
- You’ll need 4 drops of lavender essential oil and 1 tbsp. of tea tree oil
- Mix them well and apply to your acne affected skin before sleeping
- Leave it on overnight and wash your face with a mild facewash like Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash With Aloe in the morning
- Repeat this process every night and in a few weeks you will notice the reduction of acne for sure
Don’t lose heart if your skin doesn’t seem to improve at once. It’ll take a little extra time and effort, but the outcome will be unbelievable.Even including in your skin-care routine helps you get rid of acne. Check out 6 ways to use almond for acne & other skin care problems here.
2. To Treat Cuts:
- Mix 1 portion of lavender oil with 5 portions of coconut oil
- Apply on affected area over night for a few days
- The lavender oil will not only soothe the burn, it will help heal it faster
You can repeat the same procedure for treating eczema as well. It helps cure itches as well. We told you its magic!
3. To Heal Sun Burns:
- You’ll need 10 drops of lavender oil and 5 tsp. of aloe vera gel
- Mix both the ingredients together and apply on the sun burn
- Do this every day until your skin shows signs of improvement
Don’t suffer in silence anymore, use this easy trick to relieve yourself of those awful sunburns you got from your day at the beach! However, we always say, prevention is always better than cure! Use a good moisturizing lotion with SPF properties in your daily skin care routine so as to get two benefits from one cream. Olay Total Effects 7 in One Anti-Ageing Day Cream with SPF 15 is a good choice as it will moisturize your skin, fight 7 signs of ageing as well as harmful UV rays.
4. For Youthful Skin:
- Take 5 drops of lavender oil and 5 drops of frankincense essential oil
- Mix them together and apply it to your skin, particularly on any age spots and massage your skin with it
- You need to repeat this every day in the morning, after your bath and right before you go to sleep