It’s not called a pretty pout for nothing. After the eyes the next thing a person notices about you is your lips. And if they are anything but perfect, it is cause for some unpleasant embarrassment. (Is there any other kind?) And you look for ways to hide the lips.
There are some rumours about how white spots on lips could be caused by sexually transmitted diseases. Rest assured, those spots are nothing of that sort and can easily be treated with some simple home remedies.
You might get spots on one lip or both. These can occur at any age and show no gender preference. These harmless white patches on lips are often caused by excessive sebum secretion in the skin. The sebum gets collected and becomes a party place for bacteria. The result is an infection which appears in the form of white spots.
Naturally, for anybody white patches on lips causes tremendous social discomfort, but this can be taken care of with some simple home remedies.
4 Simple Home Remedies To Get Rid Of White Spots On Lips:
#1 Coconut Oil
Coconut oil acts like a moisturiser and prevents excessive sebum secretion. Also, the antimicrobial properties of the oil heal the infection rapidly.
Steps To Use:
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply this mix to the affected area with clean washed hands.
- Leave it on for a few hours.
- Do this twice a day for quick results.
Buttermilk is a natural soothing agent that controls the irritation. Its astringent properties also help dry out any infection.
Steps To Use Buttermilk For White Spots:
- Dip a clean cotton ball in fresh buttermilk and dab it to your lips.
- After it dries naturally rinse with water.
- Wash with a deep cleanser like Olay Total Effects Foaming Cleanser to eliminate the smell of the buttermilk.
- You can do this as many times in a day as possible.
#3 Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar works as an astringent and its antibacterial properties fight bacteria.
Steps To Use Apple Cider Vinegar To Get Rid Of White Spots:
- Make a solution of equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Dip a clean cotton ball in this solution and dab it on the affected area.
- After a few minutes rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Do this 1-2 times a week.
- If you feel any burning sensation, rinse it off immediately and press an ice cube on the affected area.
The last in our white spots on lips home remedy is the simple garlic. Every home has garlic and everyone knows the many medicinal benefits of the garlic pod.
Steps To Use Garlic Oil For White Spots:
- Crush 2 garlic cloves and add them to a glass of water.
- You can add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice for taste.
- Drink this before or after your meals.
- You can drink 2-3 glasses every day.
Every single one of these white patches on lips treatment has been tried and it works. Just make sure that you’re not allergic to any of these ingredients before doing the treatment.
Also, check out how to get pink lips naturally with these 10 home remedies.
Read more skin care tips at Reward Me.
Check out more useful beauty tips at our blog.