You obviously like going to a nail spa for an elaborate manicure, from getting your fingernails filed to getting them polished and painted. This is sometimes followed by a relaxing hand massage, which is followed by a cup of herbal tea. Doesn’t it sound like a truly soothing experience for your mind and body? Then, you go over to the payment counter and just like that, all the peace your mind and body accumulated goes for a toss when you see the kind of money you have to shell out for a nail spa.
But don’t worry, now you can get a manicure at home. Just follow these 8 steps to give yourself a fabulous nail spa. And you can make your own herbal tea after, too!
What You Will Need:
- Cotton, lots of cotton
- Nail polish remover
- Nail clipper
- Nail buffer
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Essential oils
- 2 glass or plastic bowls, avoid using metal bowls
- Aluminum foil
- Clean towel
Nail-Spa at Home in 8 Steps:
- Gently clean your nails and remove the chipped nail polish using the nail polish remover.
- Clip your nails if you wish to and shape them so they look neat and even.
- Soak your fingertips in a bowlful of warm water for 2-3 minutes and wipe them with a clean towel.
- Mix 1 teaspoon olive oil, a few drops of essential oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in the other bowl.
- Cut up 10 square pieces of foil.
- Dip the cotton swabs in the mix, wrap them around your fingertips and cover the cotton tips with the foil squares, one hand at a time. The foil covering provides the nails with a longer, overall, nourishing treatment. You can ask someone to help you with your right hand.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, take off the tips and soak your fingers in warm water for a few minutes.
- Dry your hands off with a clean tower and you are good to go
So, with these 8 steps you can save your money for things that really matter without giving your nails the distant cousin treatment!
This nail spa treatment will help you give salon like nails at home which would surely enhance your look on your d-day. Also, check out pre-bridal beauty care tips for glowing skin here at our blog.
Read more skin care tips to stay beautiful all year long.
Read useful beauty tips for face skin & hair at Reward Me.