Did you know that Oatmeal, better known as Oats,has massive anti-inflammatory, skin healing and anti-oxidant properties?
7 Benefits of Oatmeal for Skin
- Owing to its saponin content, oats works as a terrific natural skin cleanser.Whether you have sensitive or dry ski, it doesn’t strip it natural oils.
- If you have ultra-sensitive skin that can’t tolerate exfoliators, oats can be a great alternative owing to its texture.
- Rich in proteins and lipids oatmeal haspotent emollient properties making it a great moisturizer. Doing this and also using a gentle moisturizer like Olay will make your skin softer than a baby’s.
- Oatmeal has rich anti-oxidant properties and helps undo damage done to your skin by pollution, UV rays and chemicals.
- Oats helps reduce itching and inflammation and can be used to calm eczema and heal psoriasis.
- Owing to its healing, moisturizing and anti-oxidant properties, oatmeal is effective in soothing sunburn.
- Oatmeal is anti-pruritic and really helps control the itching that is inherent to various skin diseases and fungal infections.
Here’s the recipe for an oatmeal face pack that effectively and effortlessly removes blackheads:
- Mix 3 tbsp yoghurt with 2 tbsp oatmeal.
- To this add 1 tbsp of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly in a bowl.
- Now apply the mixture on your face.
- Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
Do this regularly and those blackheads should come right off!
Get useful beauty tips here.