The saying ‘cool as a cucumber’ is spot on. Cucumbers are indeed known to cool the body and are considered to be packed with health benefits. But cucumber like many other veggies and fruits is not just for eating. You can drink cucumber juice for skin that is healthy and beautiful, or apply it on your skin directly and watch it work its magic.
6 Essential Benefits Of Cucumber:
- Cucumber is made of 96 percent water. That spells hydration, hydration and hydration.
- Water is not all that cucumber contains. It also has other nutrients like magnesium and potassium.
- It is great for the heat generated by the body and when the temperatures soar.
- It is good for detoxifying, and also makes regular appearances in weight loss diets.
- Beauty benefits extend to healthy gums and fresh breath, sparkling eyes without the bags, dark circles and puffiness, and beautiful skin owing to the nutrients it contains like biotin, vitamins A, B1 and C, and potassium.
- And we are just getting started because cucumber also helps the overall health of the body in many ways and improve heart health, brains, and are good for diabetics.
Now, why is cucumber used as a beauty aid? Cucumber can help in lightening and revitalizing skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help deal with nasty skin break outs too.
5 Simple Steps To Make Cucumber Face Toner:
- You can make a cucumber toner by mixing cucumber juice with juice from a lemon.
- To make the cucumber juice, you can begin by scraping the skin off, finely slicing the cucumber, and blending it with water.
- A sieve can be used to separate the mushy cucumber from its juice.
- The final product can be stored in the refrigerator. You can store it in a spray bottle and spritz it on your skin in hot weather.
- It is refreshing. Other ingredients that you can use in the toner instead of lemon juice are green tea or a herb like mint.
Cucumber can also be used as a facial mask. The juice of cucumber or pureed cucumber can be used directly on your skin to remove tan or to relieve sunburn. A simple combination of pureed cucumber can be mixed with yoghurt to treat blemishes. This is good for dry skin.
5 Step Cucumber Face Mask For Dry Skin:
- You can create a mask and exfoliator by mixing pureed cucumber with powdered oatmeal and honey. You could add a small amount of Brewer’s yeast to this. This mask works to lighten, moisturise and exfoliate the skin.
- Begin by cleansing your skin thoroughly and then applying a layer of this mask.
- It can be left on for up to 15 minutes and then washed off with cold water.
- While you have the face mask on, you could also keep thinly sliced cucumbers on your eyes.
- It is cooling, and reduces dark circles and puffiness.
These are a few ways you can use cucumber for face. By following this up with a regular beauty routine that includes the use of moisturisers like Olay Moisturizing Lotion and good night creams like Olay Regenerist Revitalising Night Cream Moisturiser, you can keep your skin looking its best.
Also, check out 5 amazing benefits of amla for skin whitening here at our blog.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.