The most delicious part of summer is the abundance of oranges – sweet, juicy and absolutely refreshing. You can eat them just like that or squeeze out the juice and have a chilled glass of sunshine.
How about giving your skin a drink of this same fruit? The fruit that tastes to yummy is just as scrumptious for your skin.
So pick yourself an orange and sit down to read about the benefits of orange for face and skin:
Top 6 Undiscovered Benefits of Orange for Face & Skin
#1 Gorgeous, glowing skin
The goodness of vitamin C and E works from within and gives you young, healthy and flawless skin. Also, the fruit is loaded with fibre that helps the body flush out toxins. Also, check out 7 amazing almond oil recipes for glowing face here.
#2 Wrinkles, what wrinkles?
Biting into a juicy orange regularly fools the years and keeps wrinkles and fine lines away. You can also apply orange juice to your face using it like an orange face wash.
#3 Get your dose of antioxidants
The vitamin C in an orange can constitute up to 80% of your daily requirement. The antioxidant in an orange is your best friend when it comes to fighting the harmful effects of free radicals.
#4 A fabulous skin toner
Rub orange peels on your skin regularly and you will notice moisturised and even-toned skin soon. Once again, it is the vitamin C and the antioxidants that work their magic. And yes, it works on dry as well as oily skin. Yay!
#5 Goodbye acne
Once you’re done eating an orange do not throw the peel away. You can use it to get rid of acne.
Make an orange face pack by grinding the peel. Apply the resultant paste to your face and within a few weeks you’ll notice a reduction in acne. You can make a face pack with yogurt to fight blackheads.
#6 No more dull skin
Squeeze out the juice of two oranges and freeze it in an ice tray.
This orange juice face pack will tighten pores and reduce oiliness. You will see a visible glow to your skin within a few days of this ice pack therapy.
What else? Here are a few simple orange face mask recipes for you to try at home:
Orange Face Pack Recipe #1: Orange Peel, Honey & Turmeric
This orange face wash for normal skin is excellent at removing stubborn tans.Steps:
- Combine 1 tablespoon orange peel powder, a pinch of cosmetic turmeric and 1 tablespoon natural honey
- Apply the paste to your face and neck
- Wash it off after 5 to 10 minutes with any gentle face cleanser. We prefer Olay Natural White 7 In One Foaming Cleanser
- Avoid using this if you suffer from acne
Orange Face Pack Recipe #2: Orange Peel Powder & Lime
This is another wonderful orange face pack to remove a tan, especially for acne-prone skin.
- Combine 2 tablespoons orange peel powder, a few drops of lemon juice, a tablespoon each of Fullers earth and sandalwood powder.
- Apply this paste on the face and wash it off after 30 minutes.
Orange Face Pack Recipe #3 Orange Peel & Multani Mitti, in Rose Water
If you have oily skin you can use this orange face pack to reduce shine and remove blackheads.
- Make a paste using 1 tablespoon each of orange peel powder and multani mitti with enough rose water.
- Apply the paste to your face and neck.
- Allow it dry partially before rinsing it off.