Short of having you face pulled by annoying aunties who gush over how sweet you look, what is the best way to get rosy cheeks? Not with makeup; that might be the easiest way to sport the pink cheek, but it is not the best. You never know what those pretty little makeup boxes actually contain!
Now that we’ve scared you enough and stopped you just as you were reaching out for the blush, we need to make a better suggestion, right? Sit tight and listen while we tell you how to get rosy cheeks naturally.
All you need to do is quit your job, sell everything you don’t need and move to the mountains. Oops, sorry, wrong article. Although we must tell you that fresh mountain air can work wonders on your skin and give you natural rosy cheeks. But short of doing just that, here’s our list.
How to get Rosy Pink Cheeks at Home
- Easier said than done, but stress and anxiety can rob you off your natural glow.
- Get enough sleep, exercise, meditate and learn to enjoy life.
- Now that we’ve got the nearly-impossible remedy out of the way, here are some more realistic goals:
#2 Wash and Scrub, Wash and Scrub
- Keep your skin clean and healthy by washing it regularly.
- Stay away from harsh soaps and use gentle cleansers like Olay Moisture-balance Foaming Face Wash with Vitamin E.
- Use warm water that doesn’t shock your skin like cold water can.
- Exfoliating regularly will remove dead skin cells and bring out the hidden pink to the surface.
- Sweeten the deal by massaging your damp cheeks with a little sugar.
- Do this regularly, once a week and you will see a pink glow.
- Don’t forget to moisturise afterwards.
#3 Drink a Lot
- Water! What did you think! Exfoliating helps on the outside, but you need to support that by flushing out toxins and impurities from inside.
- Drinking 5-8 glasses of water a day will refresh your body and the result is for all to see on your skin.
- Of course, there are those who know how to get red cheeks from drinking, of the other sort. But you didn’t hear that from us.
#4 Fruits to Get Pink Cheeks
- Eating plenty of fresh veggies and fruits will give you the pink glow that we all so love.
- Gorge on peaches, melons and tomatoes. But did you know that some of these work from the outside too?
- One of our favourite ‘how to get red cheeks naturally’ tips is a combo of beetroot juice and glycerine.
- The beet will give you the pink and the glycerine the soft touch to go with it.
- Don’t blame us if the aunties get to you.
- You can also massage your cheeks with a paste made from red berries.
#5 Aloe Vera Gel
- No self-respecting home beauty regimen should leave out aloe gel.
- Get yourself a plant, if you don’t already have one.
- Extract fresh gel from the leaves (which is why you need the plant) and apply that to your face and neck.
- Let it stay until it is fully dry and then wash it off with warm water.
- Aloe gel has some amazing skin-healing properties, and since healthy skin is glowing skin, that is all you need to get rosy cheeks
Also, check out the skin care benefits of aloe vera gel here at Reward Me.
So, these are our tips on how to get rosy cheeks at home, without any harsh chemicals. Don’t forget the cheeky aunty warning though.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.