Everybody knows the advantages of eating well and getting all the necessary vitamins, preferably from natural products and not as supplements. Luckily, we can get almost everything through the food we eat.
Take the kiwi, for instance. This fruit is a rich source of Vitamin C, E and antioxidants, all of which are very beneficial for our bodies.
Let’s read a little more of the benefits of kiwi fruit for skin and body. The delicious fruit is loaded with fibre, making it an effective laxative. We all know the pros of cleansing the body of toxins and wastes – a healthy and glowing complexion. Besides this, eating a kiwi also rejuvenates and boosts your skin’s overall health.
5 Ways To Use Kiwi For Skin Radiance:
Kiwi Skin Tip #1: Keeps skin youthful
Our skin loses its suppleness as we age. Instead of turning to expensive and chemical-laden skin products, use a kiwi mash instead. The vitamin C present in the fruit helps in the production of collagen that maintains the health of your skin.
- Make a rejuvenating kiwi face mask using a mashed kiwi and 1 tablespoon curds.
- Apply this mix to your face and massage it in gently.
- Leave it on and wash off after 15 minutes with a gentle cleanser like Olay Regenerist Revitalising Cream Cleanser.
- Repeat this twice a week to notice results.
Kiwi Skin Tip #2: Fights acne
You can use kiwi for skin affected by acne. Its anti-inflammatory properties fight and clear acne. You can apply mashed kiwi to boils and skin inflammations to clear them faster.
Kiwi is also useful in controlling sebum (oil) production. A greasy, sticky face isn’t just unpleasant to look at but also a major contributor to skin problems.
- Apply a paste of one mashed kiwi and a teaspoon of lemon juice to your face.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
- The combined power of the two ingredients will control sebum production, leaving your face fresh and clean.
Kiwi Skin Tip #3: Keeps age away
The antioxidants in the fruit help delay signs of ageing like wrinkles, fine lines and age spots.
You can use an almond-kiwi face pack to get rid of and prevent signs of ageing.
- Soak 7-8 almonds overnight and grind them to a fine paste the next morning.
- Add a whole mashed kiwi to this along with half a teaspoon of gram flour (besan).
- Apply this pack to your freshly washed and dried face.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
Do this once every week for 7-8 weeks and you will see a noticeable difference in your skin.
Kiwi Skin Tip #4: Keeps you safe from the sun
The amino acids and vitamin C present in a kiwi protect you from sun damage. You can also apply slices of kiwi on sunburned skin for relief and treatment. Also, check out 5 effective home remedies to get rid of tan lines here.
Kiwi Skin Tip #5: Reduces dark circles
If you are prone to dark under eye circles, using a kiwi is a much better option than any cosmetic product.
- Simply place kiwi slices over your eyes and relax for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the slices and wash your face.
- Do this regularly and over time you will see the dark circles reduce.
These 5 kiwi fruit benefits are just the tip of the iceberg. Make the fruit part of your regular diet and make yourself beautiful from within and outside too.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.