How to avoid pimples after threading? What to do after threading? These seem to be the most searched questions on Google pertaining to the topic of threading. Why? That’s because women realize that the price (physically) for beautifully arched eyebrows and smooth upper lips is not something they want to pay.Yes, the pain isn’t over after threading; redness and skin irritation may follow too. Which is why, we’ve listed the top 5 after threading care tips you will need to know to protect your skin from pain, redness and irritation.
Post-Threading Skin Care Routine
- Avoid all bleach products for at least an hour after threading because they will cause itching and irritation. And human tendency is to scratch where it itches, which can cause a lot of problems post threading.
- If you pre-booked your heat-vapour facial treatment immediately post threading, we’d advise you to reschedule it. Unless you want your skin to become dry and cracked, that is.
- Keep your hands to yourself, literally. Do not keep touching the freshly threaded area after the process. That’s because threading opens the pores of your skin and by touching your skin you could be transferring dust and dirt to your pores, thereby increasing the risk of infection.
- Do not use exfoliating creams or solutions right after your threading process. If you want to treat the redness, which is common just after the process, then spot cool it with ice cubes. Using aloe vera or rose water after threading is also a great way to heal your skin.
- You may love frolicking about in the sun but you have to resist the temptation to do so for at least a couple of hours post threading. This is because, right after the procedure, your skin is bound to be more sensitive to the sun’s harmful UV rays. When you do go out in the sun, don’t do so before applying some sunscreen.
Follow these 5 tips and your skin will never suffer from post threading trauma. While the discomfort you will experience during threading cannot be eliminated, you can take comfort in the fact that it is a lot quicker than tweezing. Also, if you opt for a highly skilled threading technician the level of pain you experience during the process can be reduced drastically. So, choose wisely.
Pimples usually leave behind the pimple marks. Check out 3 effective home remedies to get rid of pimple marks and maintain clear skin always.
Learn useful hair removal tips at our blog.