We use cinnamon abundantly in our food to add flavour. But for years now people have been using this spice to also treat various skin ailments and disorders. And the best part is that it can be used in all forms, as a powder, oil and a mask even.
In our country, and others close by, like Sri Lanka, Indonesia, China and other SE Asian nations, cinnamon is part of the diet and the medicine cabinet too. Only lately has the world woken up to the immense benefits of this natural spice.
5 Ways To Use Cinnamon For Beautiful Skin & Face:
#1 Reduce signs of aging
Ageing? Who’s ageing?
As we celebrate more birthdays, collagen in our skin starts to break down, leading to signs of ageing. For when you might need it, cinnamon can increase collagen production, and can thus slow down the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also stimulates blood vessels and increases blood circulation in your face.
How To Use:
- Make a mixture by adding 2-3 drops cinnamon oil to 2 tablespoons of olive oil or petroleum jelly.
- Apply this mixture to your face, taking care to avoid the eyes.
- Wash off after 10 minutes.
- Do this regularly to reduce fine lines.
Also, almond is a great solution when it comes to anti-aging and wrinkles. Check out 6 ways to use almond for anti-aging & wrinkles here.
You can get the same result by using Olay Total Effects 7 In One Anti-Ageing Day Cream on your face and neck regularly.
#2 To whiten skin
You can use cinnamon powder for skin whitening. When used with honey, it can visibly brighten skin.
Directions To Use:
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder to half a spoon of honey.
- Apply this cinnamon face pack to your face and neck, avoiding the eyes carefully.
- Wash off with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
- Do this twice a day, early in the morning and later in the evening daily.
- This is not an instant remedy and it will take time.
#3 Cinnamon for acne
You can treat acne and pimples with this spice. Make a mask of cinnamon powder for skin affected by acne.
Cinnamon Face Mask Recipe For Acne:
- In a small bowl, add 3 tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon cinnamon powder.
- Mix it up well and apply to the affected area.
- Wash it off with warm water after 20 minutes. You can also leave this overnight.
- Do this once a week to see results.
#4 For a gorgeous complexion
Whether it is to remove dead skin cells, or to make your skin soft, healthy and supple, cinnamon is the answer to all your skin troubles.
Cinnamon Face Mask For Fair Complexion:
- Pamper yourself with this nourishing cinnamon face mask.
- Mash one overripe banana and mix it with two tablespoons yogurt.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder and a teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Apply this to your face and neck.
- Wash off after it has dried completely.
No, not an old woman’s tale, but dusting cinnamon powder on an open wound or cut kills bacteria and helps it heal faster.
If it’s a large wound, please visit a doctor and do not rely on this method alone for treatment.
There is so much more to the spice than adding flavour to our food. Try these remedies and let us know which one worked for you best.Get over 425+ skin care tips here.
For 1070+ beauty tips, click here.