You must have had an encounter with India’s very own antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antiseptic superhero, the neem leaf.
Its incredible powers have helped countless women, children and men clear their skin of blemishes, acne, rashes, itchiness and a host of other skin problems that we do not wish upon our worst enemies. It has been said that neem also delays fine lines and ageing.
If you suffer from oily or acne prone skin, you need to make an appointment with the closest neem tree at the earliest. Yes, a lot of natural, herbal or even artificially-produced face washes and creams contain neem or neem extract. Instead of relying on those (they are commercially produced, after all), why don’t you make a neem face pack at home? Read on to know how you can use neem leaves for skin that is troubled and angry.
You can scour the neighbourhood for a neem tree and get the leaves fresh. Or, if you need to travel too far, you can collect the leaves, dry them, powder them and store them in the refrigerator for future use.
5 DIY Neem Face Packs for All Skin Types
#1 Neem and turmeric (for oily skin)
When you combine the benefits of superhero neem with superpower turmeric the end result is expected to be, well, super. If you want to take care of acne, this neem face mask is for you.
- Make a paste of fresh neem leaves
- Add 2-3 pinches of turmeric to it and mix it well.
- Add a few drops of water if it is too thick.
- Apply this paste to a clean, washed face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
#2 Neem and turmeric (for dry skin)
Do you know you can use neem and turmeric for dry skin as well?
- Make a paste using neem powder, turmeric and some whipped cream. Yummy!
- Apply it to a clean and washed face.
- After 10-15 minutes, wash it off with cool water using a mild cleanser like Olay Natural White 7 IN ONE Foaming Cleanser.
Besides taking care of the dryness, this pack adds a visible glow to your skin.
#3 Neem and rose water
You can use neem powder for face that glows with health and delight.
- Take 1 teaspoon each of neem power and sandalwood powder.
- Add just enough rose water to make a fine paste.
- Cover your entire face and neck with this paste.
- Wash it off with cool water after 10-15 minutes.
#4 Neem with papaya
If you want an instant pick-me-up, then try the neem and papaya face pack.
- Mix equal amounts of mashed papaya and neem powder to form a paste.
- Apply it over your face.
- Wash it off with cool water for fresh, glowing skin.
#5 Neem and curd
You can use a face pack made from curd, besan and neem powder for acne affected skin.
- Just make a fine paste with all the ingredients
- Apply it to your entire face and let it dry.
- After 20-30 minutes (or when the face feels dry) wash it off with lukewarm water.
Also, check out 7 almond oil recipes to get rid of common skin care problems here.Tried and tested recipes for healthy, glowing skin. Tell us which one worked best for you.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.