I don’t exfoliate my lips as often as I should. But when I do use lip scrubs, the result is super silky, baby soft lips that are utterly kissable!
Instead of tormenting your pout with expensive store bought scrubs, why not try making a natural lip scrub at home?
I’ve decided to be sweet today and share my favourite lip-smackingly delicious lip scrub recipes. Are you ready to try some DIY lip scrub magic?
5 Homemade Lip Scrubs For Soft Lips:
#1 Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub
The first homemade lip scrub that I will talk to you about is the simplest of them all.
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons (any kind is fine, except powdered, of course)
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Almond oil – 1 teaspoon
- Drop all the ingredients into a bowl and whip up a fine granulated paste
- Dip your finger into this and gently massage your lips with the mix
- Rinse it off with warm water to reveal your ooh-so-soft pout
- The mix tastes absolutely divine, but don’t turn it into a meal please
#2 Coconut and Honey Lip Scrub
If you like cooking, chances are your kitchen has all the ingredients needed for this lip scrub. And if you’re like me who doesn’t like to cook, you can just pop over to your neighbourhood store.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ tablespoon lukewarm water
- In a bowl mix the coconut oil and honey
- Next, add the sugar and water
- Gently rub this mixture on your lips with your fingers for 1-2 minutes
- Rinse out with warm water
#3 Sweet Vanilla Chocolate Lip Scrub
What’s not to like about vanilla and chocolate? This lip scrub will leave you with soft lips that also smell so delicious!
- 2 tablespoon Brown sugar (you can also use regular white sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- Few drops of Vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Jojoba oil (or sweet almond oil) – optional
- In a clean dry bowl mix the sugar and cocoa powder
- Now add a few drops of the vanilla essence
- Mix it well
- Then add the honey because it’s just so good for your skin
- Apply a little of the mix to your lips and massage in a circular motion
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Place the remaining mixture in an airtight container for future use
#4 Kiwi Kisses Lip Scrub
This pretty looking lip scrub is pretty good for your lips too!
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon Kiwi pulp
- In a bowl mix the sugar and oil
- You can swap the grape seed for olive oil if you want
- Next, add the large dollop of kiwi pulp
- Transfer it all into a lovely little recycled jar and pop it into the refrigerator for future use
#5 Homemade Lip Scrub Cinnamon Magic
All the lip scrubs I’ve spoken about require ingredients that are found at home, and this one is no different.
- 2 tablespoon Brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ tablespoon raw honey
- ½ tablespoon Cinnamon powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a clean bowl
- Apply the mixture on your lips and massage gently in a circular way
- Rinse off with warm water and nourish your skin with Olay Natural White 7 IN ONE Glowing Fairness Cream SPF 24
There you go, 5 simple home recipes for that gorgeous kissable pout.
Also, check out how to get pink lips naturally with 10 home remedies here.
Read more skin care tips at Reward Me.
Check out more useful beauty tips at our blog.