Your skin is a delicate organ. Exposure to the outside world as well as a stressful lifestyle can negatively affect it. White spots on skin are one such annoyance. They could be caused by too much sun exposure, or vitiligo, or could have an underlying cause like diabetes or thyroiditis. White patches by themselves are harmless but can be emotionally draining. The reason for white patches on skin might not be in your hands but its treatment is.
Here are some home remedies for white patches on skin that work quietly and quickly, giving you relief from the depigmentation.
5 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of White Spots:
#1 Turmeric with mustard oil
Turmeric works as an antibacterial and also helps heal skin, while mustard oil fights bacteria and fungus.
- Mix half a kg turmeric powder in 8 litres of water.
- Let it soak overnight.
- The next morning boil the mixture until just a litre remains.
- Now add half a kg mustard oil to this solution
- Heat it even further until all the water evaporates.
- Apply this mixture to your spots once in the morning and once in the evening.
- You will see a reduction in spots in a few months.
Basil (tulsi) juice is an excellent antifungal which kills the fungi that cause discolouration.
- You can eat the leaves raw.
- You can also brew them along with the stem in water, and drink a glass of this concoction every day.
#3 Coconut oil
The all-purpose coconut oil does a good job of soothing and healing your skin.
- Its re-pigmentation properties can help reverse the white spots on skin.
- All you need to do is apply a thin layer of the oil on all your white patches 2-3 times a day.
- You will notice a difference in a few weeks.
- If you skin feels a little oily, you can wash it with Olay White Radiance Brightening Foaming Cleanser.
Ginger is another effective treatment for white patches on skin. This aromatic root improves blood circulation and helps the body fight the infection from within.
- Cut a slice of ginger and place it on the affected area.
- Let it sit there until the ginger dries.
- You can repeat this 1-2 times a day for a few weeks before you start seeing results.
There was a reason our ancestors used a lot of copper in their daily lives.
Did you know that you can use a copper vessel for white spots on skin treatment? This is because the metal helps in the production of melanin.
- All you have to do is pour drinking water in a copper vessel and let it sit overnight at room temperature.
- Do not place this water in the refrigerator as it will destroy all the copper properties that the water takes on.
- Drink the water from the vessel first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
All these remedies are easy and require ingredients that you already have at home. Start the treatment today.
Also, check out 8 amazing besan face pack recipes to get clear glowing skin here.
Find more useful daily skin care tips here.
Get complete beauty tips at Reward Me.